Best Gamer PC for the money

seraph00

Time for a fun conversation, but one that should get some interesting responses. Post a reply to this that includes the complete specs for the hands down best gamer PC you could possibly think to put together......for the money. That's the important part. This brain teaser isn't about spending a cool mil to get a liquid nitrogen cooled PC set that has Steven Hawking's brain as the CPU.

Total cost, including additional cooling devices used, operating system used, case, power supply, and any other mods, the best possible gamer PC you could create, in comparison to how much it costs. In simple terms, the best total performance in comparison to spending the least amount of cash on getting it. This is going to be roughly based on current retail prices, listed by actually existing businesses, via http://www.pricewatch.com If you find the same component, and it isn't some going out of business or clearance sale listed for less on a website or an advertisement you can provide photographic proof of, then it counts. It it's from Crazy boo-boo's mad computer center's going out of business sale, or if its from a 12 hour only sale on Newegg.com it DONT count. It's got to be based on a price that(within reason) anyone seeing your rig could buy it and put it together for that cost;hours, days, possibly even weeks after you spec the price.

Happy Hunting. :thumbup

One minor addition that just came to mind. Please note if the hardware in your rig you put together is OEM or Retail. It's not a fair comparison otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of OEM.... Stupid Q, but does anyone know what OEM actually stands for?? I mean i know the crap doesn't come with the retail box but does OEM stand for something like Open E..something.. Merchandise?

But anyway ill get on making that sweet computer, i think the one i have now is pretty good for games and would be cheap.

Asus 94c800 Deluxe

P4 2.8 800mhz

9800 pro

1 gig Geil Golden Dragon Ram Dual Channel DDR 400 <- Want to replace any sugestions?

2 WD Raptors 35 gig SATA <- Pimpin sweet, these rule

2 WD 120 Gig Parallel for storage

Antec Truepower 430 PSU

Water Cooling

Danger den blocks

Eheim Pump

Heater core from Ford probe i think... Ebay

Case - Built from wood, PVC and scrap metal ~$45

Working on my new one if anyone's in to Moddin tell me

dont feel like looking up the prices right now though

OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Back to seraph's original condition about money, that's a tricky answer depending on the individual. For example, $500 is a lot in some places in the world, and anyone who'd spend that much automatically is assumed to have the best gamer PC. By contrast, I may say $4000 is the right price-range one should be looking at for a decent configuration. So it depends on each individual's preferences.

It makes a big difference to people around the world for pricing - for sure! I know you pay huge bucks for good parts if your in an "economically challenged" country or even if you just live out in the sticks.....shipping alone will kill prices for alot of people so, I'd say this idea for cost comparison will be rather skewed at the least!