Creating SourceDisksFiles parameters

rholtsla

I am in the process of slipstreaming the F6 drivers for an Adaptec Embedded Serial ATA HostRAID. But, I am not sure of configuring the SourceDisksFiles parameters. This is what I have, but I am not sure of how the rest of it should look. I have also attached the inf file of the driver, if this helps? Would an appreciate assistance.

aarich.sys= 1,,,,,,

Thank you!

aarich.inf

• 6 months later...

Okay I managed to finally succeed in getting the Adaptec Embedded Serial ATA HostRAID Driver For Windows 2000/XP/2003 driver to work in the [MassStorageDrivers] section of the unattended file.

This is the aarich.sys driver that had given me fits last month. First off, let's get the directory structures straight. You need to copy the .cat, .inf, and .sys, hraidsk1, txtsetup.oem and whatever driver files available into the following two directories:

$OEM$\textmode

i386\$OEM$

To be safe, I also stuck the driver files in the $OEM$\$\Drivers\... structure and added the path to the OemPnPDriversPath variable in the [unattended] section of the unattend file.

The txtsetup.oem file needs to be edited so that it has this line:

[Disks]

d1 = "Adaptec Embedded Serial ATA HostRAID Driver Ver 2.01 for Windows 2000/XP/2003", hraidsk1, ""

The following sections were added to the unattend file:

[MassStorageDrivers]
   "Adaptec Embedded Serial ATA HostRAID Driver For Windows 2000/XP/2003" = OEM
   "IDE CD-ROM (ATAPI 1.2)/PCI IDE Controller" = "RETAIL"

[OEMBootFiles]
   aarich.inf
   aarich.sys
   aarich.cat
   hraidsk1
   aichmgt.cat
   aichmgt.inf
   txtsetup.oem

Setup now works for SATA drives setup as SATA or RAID. This was tested on the ASUS PSCH-SR/SATA server motherboard with the Intel E7210 / 6300ESB chipsets. The 6300ESB is a modified south bridge that incorporates an Adaptec embedded SATA/RAID controller (codename: Hance Rapids). The Intel E7210 north bridge was known by the codename Canterwood-ES. :thumbup

Edited by peachy

So is this method an alternate method than editing the .sif method? this seems a hell of a lot easier??? If I am understanding this correctly, all you have to do is add the drivers to these folders and you get driver support in textmode? Sounds too easy to be true...

I remember seeing a topic like this before but cannot seem to find it, anyone have a link?

Edited by JuMz