Flash MX 2004

skitty

Hey, hope someone can help me here because I'm having major problems when trying to silently install flash mx 2004.

I created a setup.iss file using the -r switch

so far, no problems.

i go to test the silent install. i use "I:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\Apps\Flash MX 2004\Setup.exe" -s

it installs flash mx fine, until it comes to the part about installing the player. it throws up a box asking me to select which language i want to use.

thats where I get stuck. I've tried numerous switches to try and over come that problem but to no avail.

so if anyone has had this problem and has managed to over come it, i would really appreciate it if you would help me.

i just want to point out that i have looked around the forum but never managed to find another post that gave a solution to this problem.

thanks,

Skitty

Hmm.. Let me guess.. You are using Internet Explorer, right? That's why you still need to install that plug-in. Because if you are using Firefox, you don't have to install that. :lol:

I'm not using Flash MX, but I know it uses InstallShield. Check the ini files. Maybe the configuration is in there.

theres virtually nothing in the ini file to change so i'm going to try and do a setup.iss but de-select the install to IE etc.

its funny tho, when that is selected it still wants to install it to firefox

Looks like I may have actually managed to solve the problem.

As totoymola said, firefox doesn't need flash, so i reinstalled it without having the plugin selected, then got the setup.iss.

This seemed to fix the problem i was having