Graphics...

Ok, WPI has come a loooong way since it was introduced.

Back then, it was ok for it to look simple.

Now, with its advanced programming, and extreme customizibility (sp?), it's time for a little makeover.

The title pic "title.gif", and the little icons (all located in the graphics folder) need a real facelift. I'm not very adept at photoshop and such, but I think it would be really good if someone replaced these icons with much-nicer-looking ones, and they became the 'standard' icons included in all future releases.

anyone care to help?

@a06lp: you are reading my mind. I'm no Photoshop expert, but I'm pretty good at adapting graphics that I find on sites such as WinCustomize.com (check the ObjectDock section). Was gonna PM hasi with such a suggestion, but he's doubtless busy and, what with the Christmas vacation over, so am I.

But... I have about 10 elementary school students who might want to take a crack at it. You know, develop some button/background themes that could be packed as SFX self-extractors: just drop them in the WPI directory and start clickin'! The originals would also be repackaged so the user could revert at any time. The new graphics would all bear the original names and sizes, so users would not have to rework anything. The work would be along the lines of my post found in Bonedaddy's thread re "Show your latest WPI." My new avatar, for example, IS my "Start" button. :rolleyes: I tend toward "clean" vs. "flashy/farout" themes.

My students are 11-12-13 year-olds. I think they would be thrilled to contribute to a project such as this. It will take some time, but if you have the patience, I know that they can get it done. What do y'all say? Thumbup or thumbdown?

@blinkdt,

If they can make something nice, I don't care how old they are! ;)

@Astalavista,

I was hoping for something more specially made, not something simply downloaded and placed into WPI.

OK, that's all the incentive I need. The kids took a look at this forum today, some where pretty intimidated by the excellent stuff they saw (hasi001's WPI blew them away), but they are up to the challenge. Stay tuned.