registry keys just wont get applied

Hey guys ive tried everyway possible to get these regkeys applied except they wont get applied unless you run them in explorer buy double clciking on them

ive included the 2 files in a zip below if anyone can help please do i really want to finish this disk for once

install.rar

pls provide more information, so it will be easier to troubleshoot your problem.

are u using batch, runonceEX.cmd, wpi,

did u use nlite.

i took a peek are you rar file.

where did u put your Regtweaks?

is it in $oem$\$1\Install\ directory?

it seems like u are using a combination of batch and runonceEX method.

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/runonceex.htm

well what happens is the cd finishes installing windows then it starts the install.bat on first logon which is ment to start the aftersetup.cmd at next boot

install.bat:

Removes systemfiles

patches some files

starts WPI

makes aftersetup.cmd run next logon

aftersetup.cmd:

removes shotcuts tweaks regitrsy

registers nero

starts cleartype

makes relnotes for next boot

This unattended install cd is based on Windows 2003, Standard

I have made an working UA Xp Pro cd. Everything works except the regtweaks.reg file. The reg settings in the file will not import. Double-clicking the file in windows explorer gives a message box saying: "Cannot import RegTweaks.reg The specified file is not a registry script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor."

I tried to import the file from within regedit and it wants to overwrite the entire registry. So just for the hell of it, I clicked yes when it asked if I wanted to continue. Then it said the entries in the file were invalid.

I have been scouring

http://unattended.msfn.org/index.htm

for days now and have come to the conclusion that the information there is wrong since my RegTweaks.reg looks exactly like the samples given. I've been searching this forum, and all I found was the sticky post with the reg settings in a large txt file which I found useful in building my file.

If the file can't be imported manually, there's no way it's gonna work unattended.

I've attached my reg file. Any ideas?

btw, I'm using RunOnceEx.cmd method

@ SyntaxError

Open it up in Notepad, right at the end of your file add a return then Save As... newname.reg with ANSI Encoding instead of Unicode. Now try it, if it works, delete your existing RegTweaks.reg and rename the new one back to suit.