What happens if i connect my PS2 to a Pc?

mniceguy81

Hey Guys

Just being curious, i wanted to know what would happen if i connected my playstation 2 to my Pc (Windows Xp Pro Sp2) using the USB Ports.

Would i lose both my Machines (like both exploding).

I'm sorry if it's stupid ? for a lot of you but i wanted to know.

it depends on how the playsstations port works. im curious myself lol. normaly those are use for stuff like mics, keyboards, ect. u also need the usb double A ended cable. im sure it wont explode, but depends on how the computer detects your playstion, it might crash.

• 4 weeks later...
What happens if i connect my PS2 to a Pc?
Not much, you'll realise you wasted your money on the equipment to connect it.
Just being curious, i wanted to know what would happen if i connected my playstation 2 to my Pc (Windows Xp Pro Sp2) using the USB Ports.

Would i lose both my Machines (like both exploding).

Yes, it might explode due to particulate matter in the atmosphere rubbing against the USB's super sensitive short circuiting port. No, why the hell do you think both machines would explode. Ok, I understand your a noobie, but please, stop watching hacker movies lol. Connecting your PS2 to your PC does nothing. Now connecting your XBOX to your PC opens a whole world of untapped power.

I want to try this, but do not want to tkae the risk, because I just got my PS2 slimline.

What risk, risk that your ps2 will break? They break every year anyways then you gotta buy another one. This must be your fourth PS2 now. Whats the use of a ps2 slimline wow its small, and it scratches your disks thats great. I know the slimline is your baby sonu, but somebodys gotta open your fanboys' eyes and realise that there is a whole better and more fun world of gaming out there.

Also, something that really makes me wonder, why do you have on your sig that you joined MSFN exactly one month before your birthday and say it proudly like its something important?

Whoa dude... chill out a bit. There's no need to bash anyone or anything here. Thanks for letting us know that nothing would happen to either machine.

Do you know what WindowsXP says about the PS2 or XBOX?

And the PS2 doesn't break every year... I've had mine for about 3 now, and my friend has had his since they came out (and he's never had the laser replaced).

any PC monitor has more resolution than any TV.

if monitor is big... :whistle:

@MavereX, sigs are free. you can write what you want on your signature (if you respect forum rules lol)... so there's no need of those comentaries ;)

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

any PC monitor has more resolution than any TV.

if monitor is big... :whistle:

@MavereX, sigs are free. you can write what you want on your signature (if you respect forum rules lol)... so there's no need of those comentaries ;)

OK, but you wouldn't use a USB cable to do that... You would need a S-Video to VGA adapter... :wacko:

you can put a hard drive into a ps2. the only thing is that you cant really do anything with it. well, actualy, i believe you can install linux on a playstation 2 :D. i dont remember where i read that.

buy hundreds of dollars of perhiperals to make the ps2 run linux and uhh burnt games, or pay nothing except for the xbox console and make it do anything (I mean anything computer-wise, actually better for roms and such, because you got the controller and the old fuzzy television) and be completely portable (it can fit in a backpack along with controllers and wires)