Collection of switches.......

diesel_98a

I've just discovered that SmartFTP can be downloaded with two different types of installers. MSI based .exe and a NSIS based .exe. I have been using the MSI based .exe with basically no success. I am currentely running a test on the NSIS based .exe with a /S switch. In about 2 mins I will know the results of this test and will tack them onto the end of this post.

Also as a plus side the NSIS .exe is about 1mb smaller than the MSI .exe!

I think that it worked as it has gone past the install in RunOnceEx and not thrown an install screen at me. So there is something to add to your list. As for the MSI .exe, it's going in the recycle bin now.

EDIT: Now on desktop for 1st time and it worked, no problem. It installs two desktop shortcut, should anyone care. These are now being added to my cleanup.cmd for removal.

Edited by rikgale

verry nice work :D

i got a nice idea for this :D what do you think of it if someone makes a website with all this stuff in it (in a database ofcause) i have the knowledge to do it and i might have the time for it:D it depends on how much work it is lol..

please let me know if you like the idea or not .

btw.. it didn`t really help me because i used all kinds of other links here and on other forums but it`s really handy to have.

o and i miss firefox... :(

I beleive that they are working on doing that for the MSFN guide

they are, it is just a time consuming project to say the least, i thought about putting this on a website but i am going to wait until that guide is done to see how much is included, cause not all the software can be included, just way to much to add & maintain, after only 5 months i had to go back & recheck all the links & that took days upon days to do......but until then we can only do what we can............might check w/ Alanoll to see how far they are into working on it though, they might need some help w/ it maybe........

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...