Firefox Just Sits there

maxXPsoft

Knew that would get you diehard's attention

yeah 1.0

Its still the same as old Mozilla 1.2 I believe was first Mozilla I ran.

Click a link and it sits there. Stop, click again it sits there. Click the blasted thing 5 times and maybe it will load. Thats been a Mozilla prob since way back cause I've tried to use from way back, just irritates the crap outta me.

I run Sun Java so maybe that's not the problem or no?

Used to be a way to load the settings for Moz by putting About or something in the Addy bar, what is it for Firefox? I know you have a Turbo Mode in there but i forget right now.

Opera is OFF Topic also, been there done that. I'm not paying for a browser when there are so many. I'll just be irritated k

Tell me the tweak to fix this or its true that Firefox just plain still needs work.

BTW: With a little patience in setting it up I believe Thunderbird is :thumbup

sowwy i'm irrritated with this %^$# crap :realmad:

Edited by maxXPsoft

neuro42

I had half of that, thnks but i doubt it will cure the problem. I'll look around in there.

There's actually a tweaking guide you can read here for Firefox 1.0 Tweaks.

Helps a ton. As for the having to click a lot, it's like a timeout issue or something. Dumb but weird.

Tarun

Thanks that helps a lot. I used the Chromedit and added all for the fast PC fast connection to user.js and it does help a lot but I still see the delay occasionally where it just sits there even on pages should be in my cache.

I'm wondering if its because I ran that FirefoxDefaultBrowser.cmd file. From looking at it it should not have made any difference on page loading or this delay. This has been a problem from way back I don't see in other browser's as frequently as Moz. Its a love/hate thing for years, I try a new version its ok awhile then I start seeing this delay thing and I swap back and hope next time they'll finally get it.

Still does it.

Perhaps I need to once again wait on another version to see if they fix this. I will definitely add Maxthon, and even Opera back to my Unattended DVD for selection. Ahhh who cares on a 60gb drive install em all.