[Desktops] 2005

is there a particular program people would recommend for creating themes etc or should i create a themes file from scratch according to the MS web site. I would like to post my desktop each month but as of yet I havent created any nice themes so it ends up just as a change in wallpaper.

Sorry if you dont think it appropriate to filed this question here.

is there a particular program people would recommend for creating themes etc or should i create a themes file from scratch according to the MS web site. I would like to post my desktop each month but as of yet I havent created any nice themes so it ends up just as a change in wallpaper.

You can use Stylebuilder from TGTsoft. :)

You can use Stylebuilder from TGTsoft. :)

i think that phkninja means creating themes not styles, a theme is a collection of a style, icons, and a wallpaper.

you can apply a visual style after you had patched the utheme.dll file

then with icon packager apply an icon package

then apply a wallpaper...

Thanks, the problem i had was with creating the styles. Thought TGSoft created files like .theme and .style files that are software specific (that only their software understands).

I would like to create styles and theme file that can be read by windows once the uxtheme.dll is patched, but does not require third party software to be installed.

(Can change the icons in the dll's but would also find it handy to know which dll's i should modify rather than having to go each one individually.)

Edited by phkninja

Thanks, the problem i had was with creating the styles. Thought TGSoft created files like .theme and .style files that are software specific (that only their software understands).

I would like to create styles and theme file that can be read by windows once the uxtheme.dll is patched, but does not require third party software to be installed.

(Can change the icons in the dll's but would also find it handy to know which dll's i should modify rather than having to go each one individually.)

Nope - I use StyleBuilder myself (the theme from my laptop is rebuilt there), but I don't use StyleXP. Just a good ol' patched UXTheme.dll.

Also, shell32.dll is a good place to start looking, but be careful. If Windows doesn't reckognize the file after you've modified it, you won't be able to boot. I'd recommend getting a hold of a BartPE disk, or installing Recovery Console before messing with reshacking the system files. :)