[Desktops] 2005

@chaosratt

how did u get that transparent menu and those circulat monitors on the rite? Also, the weather display and the CPU monitor in the second shot?

All those widgets (weather, CPU, monitors, etc.) are Konfabulator. Wraith's desktop is also using konfabulator for this month. I'm not 100% sure about that TV schedule but I would assume it's konfabulator as well. I think all widgets have an opacity/transparency option. Cheers.

Edited by Tokugawapants

@chaosratt

how did u get that transparent menu and those circulat monitors on the rite? Also, the weather display and the CPU monitor in the second shot?

All those widgets (weather, CPU, monitors, etc.) are Konfabulator. Wraith's desktop is also using konfabulator for this month. I'm not 100% sure about that TV schedule but I would assume it's konfabulator as well. I think all widgets have an opacity/transparency option. Cheers.

/\ what he said :P

desk2august1.JPG

Been a while since I posted anything, thought I'd hop in on this thread. And yes, I did steal some ideas from already posted images. I wasn't gona post a default desktop!

lapaugust1.JPG

Laptop

Where did you get the gages that display mem usage cpu usuage etc? and the weather?

Where did you get the gages that display mem usage cpu usuage etc? and the weather?

:blink: ...are you kidding?

Try looking about 2 posts back.

@harunaksoy: Where did you get that wallpaper, or did you take it yourself?

WoOps, my bad. So they are widgets for desktop X? I thought Desktop X completely modifies your shell but your shell looks liike traditional xp, am i missing something here? There is a way to use widgets with Desktop X without completely altering your shell?

Dude, its already been discusesed, look at the top of this page.

So you are saying that widgets are not restricted to Desktop X but are simply just addons? Sounds good.

Um, NO.

Aparently you missed it. Here it is again:

@chaosratt

Ok so now Konfabulator is free. which is better....konfab or Talisman desktop?

Btw wen i try to download konfab from its site, it says www.widgetgallery.com could not be found. Are there any alternative links where i can get it from?

Edited by indianarchie

Ok so now Konfabulator is free. which is better....konfab or Talisman desktop?

Btw wen i try to download konfab from its site, it says www.widgetgallery.com could not be found. Are there any alternative links where i can get it from?

They are not the same. Talisman is for complete shell replacment, Konfabulator allows you to use small programms on your desktop which can show some usefull info like you saw at the screenshots. I personally don't like Talisman but that's me, and as far as i know it's not freeware, Konfabulator is!. You can download Konfabulator here

@Tokugawapants - A friend gave me the Wallpaper :)

Well... just got back from a nice weekend and found this in my PM box. I'll let this one slide since phillyman2004 is relatively new here.

I liked how you customized your desktop in the August post Here

What programs do i need , i dont want to slow down my machine with 20 different programs

I know AveDesk can do the nice icons , but how did you get the Calendar going down the screen ? and the Recycle bin change

Thanks

Right now i have AVE and Samurize as programs

First off to anyone who might read this, it's better to ask in the forums themselves since more people will have different inputs.

As for me, the only programs that I have running are AveDesk and WindowBlinds. As for the calendar, it's a slight modification of the Vertical Calendar docklet for SysStats. You can find all the info you want there as well as links to various SysStats configs.

If you have more questions about AveDesk or SysStats, you'll probably want to ask in the Aqua-Soft forums (AveDesk is under Ave's Apps).

For the Recycle Bin, I hid the default recycle bin with TweakUI (from Microsoft) and then AveDesk comes with a default Recycle Bin desklet (it's under the PidlShortcut desklet).

Most of the stuff you do with Samurize you can probably do with SysStats... you just need to know a little bit of scripting to make it work. If not, stick with Samurize - I don't think it's too bad on resources (I haven't used it in a while).

And to find icons... Google and DeviantArt. That's all I can say.

Happy modding! :hello: