[Desktops] 2005

So I guess it's time for the August ones, eh? :P

I guess you can click for the fullsize one... not much has changed since last month... but I AM sparing you from seeing the other two screens... they have misc apps running, no desktop... so no point :P

2005-08-01-thumb.JPG

It's still july here  :)

On the East Cost it is. ;)

Here's my desktop for this month:

august20059uq.th.png

In the bottom right-hand corner of my desktop is NASA TV Live via Yahoo! However, when I took the screen shot, the picture of the video didn't show up....anyone know why it doesn't do that?

Anyways, now that the Discovery is up in space, I want to keep a close eye on the mission and make sure those folks get home safely!

In the bottom right-hand corner of my desktop is NASA TV Live via Yahoo!  However, when I took the screen shot, the picture of the video didn't show up....anyone know why it doesn't do that?

DirectShow creates a screen overlay between Windows and your GFX card. The video display is rendered AFTER the screenshot is taken.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I thought it worked. Haven't done much DirectShow programming myself though.

@Wraith: woot... so many concurrent connections! :o Fro what is that pc being used?

Ummm. stuff. :P

And it's not just my computer, it's the number of outbound concurrent connections for the whole network.

And your todo list is interesting... both how you did it and the content of it. Is that all for XPlode 5? I suppose not? :P

No, that's just the schedule for my undergraduate thesis. "Just". Heh. Kill me now. :P

Using Konfabulator, and a modified PIM Overview widget, so it sorts by due date rather than name, and adds colours for things that are due within a week, or overdue.

Edited by Wraith

Well... I figured I might as well post my laptop again.

Clean

Laptop-clean-2005-08-02-small.png

Dirty

Laptop-dirty-2005-08-02-small.png

VS - Cyrix (WB)

Wall - Wind (can't remember where I got it - ask if you want)

Apps - AveDesk 1.3 Beta (no you can't have it... yet)

18 processes on startup with AV, firewall, and all the good looks!!! :thumbup

and it's mine for this month...or at least for 2 weeks :D

i'm going on holidays next week, so it's a good time to say 'HAVE A NICE SUMMER' to all my friends here on MSFN.ORG

be cool! B)

post-4376-1123018601_thumb.jpg

Edited by magicfly

Ok, there seems to be some confusion on what I'm useing here. Its a stock UI, except for Konfabulator and the backgrounds. If you don know what konfabulator is, then LOOK IT UP. I looked at wraith's post and suspected that was what he used, I coped what I liked.

Again, just to state, becuase I know it will be asked, EVERYTHING fancy you see is Konfabulator, there is nothing else running!

desk2august1.JPG

Desktop1

lapaugust1.JPG

Laptop

Woopsie, didnt realize my links had gone bad.

Edited by Chaosratt