prathapml

Matrix series RULEZ!!!  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Matrix series RULEZ!!!

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither (can't say)

Dunno....  A bit of both probably.

As for the depth....  the Matrix series is not just a Movie! Its a cult, its a world, its something altogether its own!

I really am going to have to re-watch the first one and then watch the others. The 'reviews' I heard after the second and third came out were 'the special effects are so cool!!!' At that point, I wasn't really interested in watching them.

Not being mythologically or theologically inclined, I'll have to read what you guys say and see if it fits with what I will have seen.

And Cypher's line could also have been the writer's or actor's selfdepracating (sp) joke. Wait, did someone say Cypher's name was also Reagan? If it was then DOH!!! Just searched and found it. You did prathapml.

yeah.. i like the movies.. but i think the name is more cool than the movie.. i wounder who thought of nameing it THE MATRIX.. i think its from my old maths textbook or something..

QUOTE (prathapml @ Jan 2 2005, 07:51 PM)

And hey SiMoNsAyS, you got me tempted.... Yes, there was that 10 DVD package I'd read about.... Yet to see what exactly is in them!

This is from Amazon.com:

DISC ONE – [B]The Matrix[/B].
The Academy Award®-winning original movie in a new digital transfer supervised by the Wachowski Brothers and Director of Photography Bill Pope
Two all-new audio commentaries with written introduction by the Wachowski Brothers: --The Critics: Todd McCarthy, John Powers and David Thomson --The Scholars: Dr. Cornel West and Ken Wilber
Running Time: 131 mins, Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1; Widescreen Format

DISC TWO – [B]The Matrix Revisited[/B].
Peel back a new layer of reality with a mind-expanding look at The Matrix from conception to phenomenon.
Go behind The Matrix, take the Red Pill and follow the White Rabbit with 17 making-of featurettes, including: - What is Bullet Time? - What is the Concept? - The Music Revisited – 41-Track audio-only selection of nearly three hours of music
Basics - Running Time: 123 mins, Full Screen Format

This is the 1st Matrix 2-DVD edition with only 2 updated commentaries on the 1st disc. No big deal if you own this already. Discs are available separately (Matrix 1-disc version and Matrix Revisited) for about £7 and £4 respectively.

DISC THREE – [B]The Matrix Reloaded[/B].
The powerful second chapter of the groundbreaking film trilogy
Two all-new audio commentaries with written introduction by the Wachowski Brothers: --The Critics: Todd McCarthy, John Powers and David Thomson --The Scholars: Dr. Cornel West and Ken Wilber
Basics – Running Time: 133 mins, Audio: Dolby Surround 5.1; Widescreen Format

DISC FOUR – [B]The Matrix Reloaded Revisited[/B].
Go to the middle movie’s furthest reaches via five documentary paths revealing 21 featurettes.
Plus 23 extra scenes shot for the Enter the Matrix consol videogame
Basics – Running Time: 169 mins, Full Screen Format

This is the standard Matrix Reloaded 2-DVD set, again with only 2 extra commentaries. The Revisited disc (disc 4) has the 23 scenes from the game added - not available in the standard 2-disc version of Reloaded. This can be bought for around £10 (without the extra 23 scenes). There is a 1-disc version of Reloaded available as well as the 2-disc.

DISC FIVE – [B]The Matrix Revolutions [/B].
The epic war between man and machines reaches an explosive conclusion with the action-packed final chapter in The Matrix Trilogy:
Basics – Running Time: 124 mins, Audio: Dolby Surround 5.1; Widescreen Format

DISC SIX – [B]The Matrix Revolutions Revisited [/B].
The cataclysmic final confrontation chronicled through six documentary pods revealing 28 featurettes.
Basics – Running Time: 181 mins, Full Screen Format

As before nothing special added, just 2 extra commentaries. Nothing extra on Revisited disc. Available for around £10. 1 and 2-disc versions available.

DISC SEVEN – [B]The Animatrix[/B].
A visionary fusion of CG-animation and Japanese anime with nine short films exploring the world of The Matrix including Final Flight of the Osiris, The Second Renaissance Part I, The Second Renaissance Part II, Kid’s Story, Program, World Record, Beyond, A Detective Story and Matriculated
Four Audio Commentaries on The Second Renaissance Parts I and II, Program and World Record
Making-of documentaries on each film, profiling the evolution of each one’s unique style through design and animatics
Biographical profiles of the directors and animation producers
Scrolls to Screen: The History and Culture of Anime – explores the phenomenon of this exploding worldwide art form through glimpses of the genre’s greatest achievements and the observations of creators, historians and other leaders in the field
Basics – Running Time: 151 mins, Audio: Dolby Surround 5.1; Widescreen Format

Standard Animatrix DVD. Can be bought separately for £5.

DISC EIGHT – [B]The Roots of the Matrix[/B].
Probe the philosophical and technological inspirations of The Matrix Trilogy through two insightful documentaries: - Return to Source: Philosophy & The Matrix documentary - Scholars, philosophers and theorists deconstruct the intellectual underpinnings of the trilogy
The Hard Problem: The Science Behind the Fiction documentary – Is the notion of a real Matrix plausible? An investigation of the technologies that inspire the metaphor of the Matrix.
Basics – Running Time: 182 mins, Widescreen Format

DISC NINE – [B]The Burly Man Chronicles[/B].
Profiles the "society" of craftspeople, actors and filmmakers who shaped the movie trilogy and the Enter the Matrix consol game in a full-length documentary.
Follow the White Rabbit to 21 additional featurettes.
Basics – Running Time: 169 mins, Full screen Format

DISC TEN – [B]The Zion Archive[/B].
Showcases production assets developed for the universe of The Matrix, including concept artwork, storyboards, drawings, music videos, TV spots and trailers, plus a special preview of The Matrix Online, a new multi-player online gaming experience.
Basics – Running Time: 43 mins, Full Screen Format

These are the interesting ones. These 3 discs are the extra stuff that you are paying for. A total of about 6 1/2 hours of never-seen-before stuff.

Question is.. is it worth paying £45 or more for 3 extra discs if you own the others already? If you only have the 1-DVD versions of all the movies then you have an extra 6 discs for your money. It could be worth it then. If you buy all the discs separately then you could spend only £35, and only be missing the 3 new discs.

IMHO, if you own all 3 movies + animatrix, it's a waste of time buying the boxset.

@neil

Yep, seen those descriptions. And oh wow.... as I said, it has me interested. I do not already own a DVD of any of the matrix series (saw 'em all in theatres, or TV). So then that pack would be one **** fascinating buy for me? What do you say? :w00t:

@SiMoNsAyS

WooHoo! Great!

Bring 'em on ;) (photos/screenies, I mean)

• 5 weeks later...

WARNING 56K USERS, smaller sizes but many images.

... so here are them ... 1 month later lol ...

1 cover of all the dvds side, what you can see in green is the matrix code (green reflecting letters)

2 cover of all the dvds front

3 back of matrix and extras, reloaded and extras, and revolutions and extras dvd covers

4 front of matrix and extras, reloaded and extras, revolutions and extras, animatrix and the new extras set dvd covers

5 matrix movie dvd

6 animatrix movie dvd

7 reloaded extras dvd

8 inside menu of matrix fonts dvd

dvdcollection_side.jpgdvdcollection_front.jpg

3dvds.jpg5dvds.jpg

dvd01_matrix.jpgdvd07_animatrix.jpg

dvd05_reloadedextras.jpg

dvd08_menu.jpg

it wasn t uploaded before because the quality is really poor (i did the photos with my mobile phone), sorry to be late anyway :P

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

• 3 weeks later...

Matrix 1 - brought in a very rare and thrilling concept never thought of before... everybody appreciated this movie and waited eagerly for the next one...

Reloaded was non-sense... just fighting scenes all the time...

Matrix Revolutions is the first movie that made my jump out of my chair in the cinema hall .. when i saw it's special fx scenes