Which Antivirus?

a06lp

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I need advice.

I want to implement an antivirus onto my U-DVD.

In the old days (before i even started unattended projects) I used NAV. When I started making my U-DVD, I saw NAV was basically impossible to do unattendedly for a universal disk for many computers.

I then switched to SAV 9.0.1.1000. But I am kind of afraid that it isn't actively protecting, even though it is on the system tray. It just seems a lot less active than NAV was...

I wanted to know, from personal experience, which antivirus scanner is the best?

I need real-time scanning, on-demand scanning, low resource hogging, ABLE TO BE INSTALLED UNATTENDEDLY, updatable virus database files (unattendedly - possibly integrating into install files? like i do with SAV now..)

i've heard murmurings of Kaspersky and NOD32...anyone have any advice?

I use Nod32.

Its low resource and has all other qualities you asked for.

Could you find a better app ? - Perhaps

--> if you do plz let me know.

The only thing is that the resident protection ( AMON ) is disable by default in my installation.

I dont know if you are able to import profiles.

And most important ( if you use cd ) its not that big.

well bitdefender is what i would select, clean, powerful, lots of features ... at the moment i'm using symantec9 that don't take much resources but the liveupdate system sucks :thumbdown

ps: maybe you could find more info if you look throught the "what is the best av" sticky thread

I dont mean any offense to anyone here......but all Norton and Mcafee Products are basically what newbies use. They are fat resource hogs that make the program look great and new. This is exactly what makes it appeal to people.....shinny buttons and a nice GUI. However, if you do just about any research, you will find out that infact those products are at the very bottom when It comes to detecting Viris. Personally, I use Kaspersky, but also reccomend NOD32.

I would recommend F-prot, but thats just me. I have heard some really good things about SAV and the new version that is out...but it all depends on what a user wants...there really is no best version...as far as resource hogs...depends on what youre doing, I have about a gig of ram and really dont find anything that is such a resource hog that I cant stand it. I do know I dont like McAfee at all, and have my reservations about NAV, but maybe this new version will be better...havent tested it yet, but will soon.

well bitdefender is what i would select, clean, powerful, lots of features ... at the moment i'm using symantec9 that don't take much resources but the liveupdate system sucks

i know. it only updates virus defs, and only once a week (even though i set it to every day, and my comp is always on)

ps: maybe you could find more info if you look throught the "what is the best av" sticky thread

either i'm blind, or do not understand you. where is that thread?

anyone have a responce to my inquiry about SAV?

"I then switched to SAV 9.0.1.1000. But I am kind of afraid that it isn't actively protecting, even though it is on the system tray. It just seems a lot less active than NAV was..."

• 3 weeks later...