cutting down drivers?

greekos_kentos

I've download the latest Network driver for my nwk card, but it comes with drivers for linux, 9x etc etc drivers as well. What i want to do is remove all of the driver files apart from the ones that winxp pro needs. Then use nlite to intergrate them. How do i go about doing this??? how do i know what files it needs and what ones it doesn't?? and do i remove lines from the inf as well?

Thanks

If the drivers come in seperate folders, then simply find the drivers in the WinXP, or Win2K folder, those should work...

Else, what I would do is go into the device manager, its under the 'System' control panel applet on the hardware tab. Then, find the hardware you wish to find the driver for, and right-click, then update driver... Windows will launch a wizard, and you;ll have it search for the drivers off the CD, then, just navigate to the path it displays for the relevant driver...

To answer your second question, if you need to edit the inf, my advice would be a very strong no, windows, and nlite, need this file in its completion to successfully integrate the drivers