My icons are now "open with"!

packsfan430

Ok, my comp was fine and everything was normal!!! No viruses, no spyware, no nothing! Then, after a normal restart, ALL GONE! All of my icons are not gone but have been replaced with an "open with" icon. I hope u all know what it looks like. THe error message I get is a

"windows cannot open this file: e.g. windows media player.ink"

THis is the message i get for every file. EIther open with or let the net find a suitable file. Now i can load the program by choosing open with a program and choose the original program from the list given but that is quite a pain. Is this a trojan I got or what??? Help cause I was having a bad day when this crap happened!!

(Don't ask me for no hijackthis or that cause first I donno how to use that program and second, it will not work because the installer is an .exe file whitch is not working like my icons!)

Sys. Specs:

AMD AthlonXP 2800+

Gigabyte motherboard

512 PC 2700 RAM

Nvidia Geforce 500

80GB Hitachi HDD 7200RPM

WINXP Home SP2 (got SP2 off of win update not a slipstream!)

That sums it all up I guess

Some one help me ASAP Please!

I cannot open any .exe files cause my rundll32.exe is missing. n e one hae a copy? I need this real fast. Also, I don't quite know how 2 use this zip file. How am i going to use this .reg file if i can't use any program to actually VIEW my registry?? can someone step-by-step me through this? (ASAP)

I cannot open any .exe files cause my rundll32.exe is missing. n e one hae a copy? I need this real fast. Also, I don't quite know how 2 use this zip file. How am i going to use this .reg file if i can't use any program to actually VIEW my registry?? can someone step-by-step me through this? (ASAP)

:)

rundll32.rar