EarthQuake & tsunamis

XtremeMaC

I hope everyone's doing fine in parts of Asia and Africa. I've been watching the news all day/night. its an horrible incident.

many ppl across the world were in those areas for vacation and whatnot purposes. so this incident it world-wide incident.

i've seen ppl stating that they didn't have warning system bc the probabilities of such a thing happening was very low, well it happens and u've to take pre-cautions.

1 thing i'm wondering, what happenes to the submarines and aircraft carriers or i mean what happens to those huge ships in those areas? anyone have any news on them?

i hope everything will be all right.

Hmm... I'm fine alright. :)

Its mostly the coastal and rural areas that got hit. Other places affected have been tourist resorts on islands (and as far as India is concerned, one major city - Chennai - has been affected and people there are doing as much as they can to get life back on track).

Ships far out at see would be absolutly fine, and even wouldnt notice the thing even happening, thats because it takes time to even build up. When it first starts it may be the size of a 2cm ripple. So it depends how far out they were, if they were anchored near shore then they might have got highly damaged/ rolled over/sunk.

Yeh I too am OK. Hey prathapml, I think Gujarat falls on a fault-line?

Also, a relative of mine met me after returning from Bangkok. He told me that the hotel he was sitting in only 12 hrs ago now is a big mass of rubble.

Think how God does his things. 12 hrs got him 5,000 km apart from.........sure death.

See the latest info? The earthquake caused the axis of the earth to be knocked off by 1 inch and the rotation speed quickened by 3 millionths of a second... They are saying it won't cause any changes in climate or anything noticable both now and in the far future.

Could cause some problems with various hyper accurate GPS units though.

Wonder if it will effect he magnetic fields atall? They were already in the process of rotating.

It is a really terrible event that happened. Best wishes for all the survivors.

what if this was like the end of the world.. the whole axis got thrown off and we're now flying into the sun! and they're covering it all up!

*meantime in a secret underground base the clock to armageddon ticks on*

I can't die yet! i haven't been laid yet!

ok.. i'm ok.. really i am.. *takes laughin gas*

Wow, that was amazing.. (in a bad way)

An earthquake reaching the number 9. Wow. We are still missing 27 Greek people here who haven't showed a sign of life. I think we should all do something to help those people over there, who, practically or theoritically lost their lives (are dead or with no possesions). :wacko:

well many things are being done, help funds are raised, rescue teams have been sent,

i know planes have been sent out to couple of areas to rescue turkish ppl to the areas where landing is possible, i dunno what else they'll be doing, the newpaper says that our rescue team will only be assisting when needed (political crap i believe),

its not easy to send air support, i think close by countries should send supplies and medical support.

turkey reported 41 missing and around 2500 alive. (thanks to gsm operators)

yeah it was pretty bad, we were lucky, a few days before we had an underwater earthquake of 8.1 but apparently the plates went horizontally not verticle so it couldnt cause a tsunami because if it did, i wouldnt be speaking to ya'll, scary huh