Adobe Photoshop elements 3?

MaDxCrEaM

Hey guys, was wondering about this one. I've tried a couple different ways, doesn't seem to work. Anyone found a way to silently install this? Thanks for any help!

I've tried the -R to get an iss file, no luck. There is also no Abcpy.ini file. I tried putting the info in the setup.ini file with no luck.

There is no .ini file. The installer is an .msi file now. The conventional /QB switch works, but, after the install, the program generates an error msg when started that indicates registration data is missing and a reinstall is required.

Anyone have any success installing silently? Evidently, a switch that enters the user name, location and serial number is required.

Where does photoshop elements store the registration information such as the Serial and Name? I dont see it in the registry.

No luck yet with a Silent Install, I will have to look through how people are doing this with the Full Photoshop there is probably some similarities.

Otherwise I found how to Hide the Registration Request each time the program opens.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Hide Registration Nag in Photoshop Elements 3 on each program start.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\PhotoshopElements\3.0\Registration]
"PRODREG"=dword:65686669

Ok guys, with some help from you, and a little investigation I've found out how to install this thing. I run the msi file with the /QB switch

"Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 (en_us).msi /QB"

Then I've found the registry entry for registering here:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{851C67EF-068A-4060-9EF5-2E3DDCD68382}]
@=""
"EPIC_SERIAL"="111111111111111111111111"

I've changed numbers to all 1's. Something else helpful, the number isn't the serial, it must change it somehow. Just install, register with your serial, and find this value yourself. Good luck!!

• 2 months later...

I have this working using MaDxCrEaM's method. Is there any way of supressing the "Adobe Registration - Registration Choice" popup when the software is run. I dont want my users to be able to do this,

Thanks

EDIT: Macromedia say there is no way of getting around this. :(