New Version 3.1 online

Works perfectly now for me hasi.

Now just remove the Disc path option. :P

Here is my WPI with Options and Config Button in the lang.js

I also updated the "txtUsage[lang]" Please look at it.

I only updated english and german...so the other languages have to be done!

Thanks for your work Dynaletik. Incorporated it into my WPI - will be rolled out with next version.

To answer your question:

There's 2 new templates: 1 for the options wizard, and 1 for the config wizard. Both can be found in the common folder.

To make the multi-language the following steps need to be taken:

* For each fixed label on the page, you'd have to define a corresponding label in lang.js.

* At least the english language label must be defined.

* The fixed strings on the .htm template need to be replaced by (simple) scripts.

An example:

Original from optionswizardtemplate.htm

<td nowrap>Language</td>

lang.js has to be updated:

var lblOptionsLanguage=[];
lang = 'en';
lblOptionsLanguage[lang]=['Language'];
lang = 'de';
lblOptionsLanguage[lang]=['Sprache'];

Modified optionswizardtemplate.htm

<td nowrap>document.write(getText(lblOptionsLanguage));</td>

That's it. A lot of work to do, you see ?

oh yes. sh...

this is because the contents are created dynamically. we'll have to find another way to do the substitutions there.

document.write only works while the page is actually loading. in this case the page is loaded already and we're only modifying the inner HTML of a specific tag.

There's a new Version 3.1.3. Options and config button texts and tooltips can be defined in lang.js now.

Some people complained about that HTML rendering for the config wizard taking so long. I've found another way of doing the rendering, called 'cached template'.

In debug mode you can find a stop watch on the left panel. it measures the time rendering takes. the options dialog has a new option called 'Config create mode'. There's 2 entries there - 'cached template' and 'read & replace'

For my small config, rendering takes about 3 second - cached template is faster only by milliseconds. but please try it out and post your results. THX.

Debug (upper panel) informs you of which rendering mode is used.

Also: if some guru's out there who could spend some of his time looking over config.js's code to speed it up ... please do !

its dependant too on the amount of programs u have in your config.js

ill post back with the 1s hasi has included with wpi :P

EDIT:

using default template included with wpi its

3313 for new

3849 for old

italian buttons labels and tooltips:

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//italiano (by Beppemito)
lang = 'it';
msgStartInstall[lang]   = ['Windows Post-Installation Wizard ora si chiuderà e installerà le applicazioni scelte.\nSi prega di attendere,la procedura richiederà diversi minuti.'];
lblTimerTitle[lang]     = ['Il processo di installazione<br>partirà tra'];
lblTimerStop[lang]      = ['Clicca qui per stoppare il timer'];
lblInstall[lang]        = ['Installa'];
lblExit[lang]           = ['Esci'];
lblHelp[lang]           = ['Aiuto'];
lblSelectAll[lang]      = ['Seleziona tutti'];
lblSelectNone[lang]     = ['Deseleziona tutti'];
lblSelectDefaults[lang] = ['Seleziona defaults'];
lblOptions[lang]    = ['Opzioni'];
lblConfig[lang]    = ['Configura'];
ttInstall[lang]         = ['Inizio installazione','Clicca qui per installare i programmi selezionati.'];
ttExit[lang]            = ['Esci','Clicca qui se vuoi uscire senza installare alcun programma.'];
ttHelp[lang]            = ['Aiuto','Visualizza le informazioni della versione e il disclaimer.'];
ttSelectAll[lang]       = ['Seleziona tutti','Clicca per selezionare tutti i programmi.'];
ttSelectNone[lang]      = ['Deseleziona tutti','Clicca per deselezionare tutti i programmi.'];
ttSelectDefaults[lang]  = ['Seleziona defaults','Clicca qui per selezionare i programmi fondamentali.'];
txtRunOnceExTitle[lang] = ['Installazione dei programmi ...'];
txtUsage[lang]          = ['Installa - Installa i programmi scelti\nSeleziona/Deseleziona tutti - Seleziona/Deseleziona tutti i programmi\nSeleziona defaults - Seleziona solo i programmi fondamentali\n\nEsci - Chiudi WPI senza installare alcun programma'];
ttOptions[lang]    = ['Opzioni','Personalizza la tua versione di WPI'];
ttConfig[lang]    = ['Configura','Configura la tua lista di programmi.'];//
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------