Integrating Windows XP SP2 And Office 2003 SP1

xous

I want to completlely integrate the Office 2003 SP1 package into my XP SP2 disc not just activate the msi intstall like i have seen done on some discs.

I know the first thing i got to do is make a list of the files and registry entries that are required (by dissassembling the msi)

What i am not sure on how to do is how i should go about packaging the files and registry settings for on the cd?

@xous

As un4given1 says, you can't integrate/slip-stream office into windows in the true sense of the term.

@tap52384

No, its not possible, you can only have the o2k3 install happen automated without your input. Seems to be some confusion here regarding what slip-streaming is, and what having an app-install integrated into setup is.

@tap52384

You can slipstream SP1 (that is SP1 for Office 2003) into an Office 2003 image on your harddrive - and then put the resulting slipstreamed Office 2003 image onto your unattended cd - usually in $OEM$\$1\Install\Apps\ folder and install Office as you would all your other apps, by calling the install from either a batch_file or using RunOnceEx.

Please read fully:

http://unattended.msfn.org/

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/office2003_slipstreaming.htm

i think what Xous is asking .....

can he export registry settings from a pc with offfice already installed onto his new unattended winxp installation and also copy over the office directory from c:\program files\microsoft office and probably the start menu grouping so that he doesnt need to install office the conventional unattended way.

i dont know the answer but would be interested if registry keys would work