Safely Remove Hardware Icon(that everyone hate)

ripken204

the safely remove hardware icon that is in my taskbar is bugging me so much. no i dont want to hide. and no i dont want to remove it b/c its for my wireless card.

icon.jpg

so how do i get rid of this?? theres a program that i have that will do it but i have to click it each time i want it to go away b/c if i tell it to run on system startup it will run before the icon even comes up so it does nothing.

If you right click on the taskbar under the clock and goto Show Notifications you can hide the icon in there so that you dont see it enless you expand the icons other then that i dont know of any other way to hide it but im shure there is some registry tweek out there that will do it.

@ripken204 no :P. Astalavista thought that it was a startup program located on the system try ;)

for people that don't know about it, appears when you plug-in a a device that can cause a hang or something when removed. that icon let you remove the hardware first on windows and then un-plug it.

at the moment i haven't found a way on how to disable it, sorry no luck for the moment.

Right click start - choose properties - taskbar - customise - safely remove hardware and then always hide, or whatever you wish to do. I, personally, have that particular one as always hide.

Or am I totally misinterpreting the query? If I am then my apologies.

well i know it can be configured separatly, i wanted to mean that you need to click "hide inactive icons" and that would affect all the icons on the tray.

if you don't want to hide the rest of icons in the tray (that is what i want) you need to configure the rest of icons on the tray to "show always" because they are by default on "hide when inactive". dunno if it's clear :unsure::P

and as Astalavista said, my purpose is to remove that icon unattended that maybe is not imposible but rather difficult.

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

SiMoNsAyS - you can set each icon individually to whichever of the three values you wish regardless of whether, or not, you have selected "Hide Inactive Icons". Your choice in "Customise" will over-ride "Hide Inactive Icons".

Astalavista - If you have hardware which installed the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the System tray then you are stuck with it, "Attended" or "Unattended" - unless you wish to create the potential for mayhem should you ever decide to remove the aforementioned hardware. Just hide it.