How mean are you?

cancer10

Are you one of those ppl who talk to your friends/relatives only when u need them?

I have some friends<I dunno if they are really my friend or not> who only call me up or come 2 me when they need my help else they never show their face the rest of the time

I have some friends<I dunno if they are really my friend or not> who only call me up or come 2 me when they need my help else they never show their face the rest of the time

i know what you mean, same here

they ask how you are doing for 10 sec

and then the s*** starts, some of the people i have over 2 houres on the foon

and when it's fixed, it's thanks and goodbuy, till next time

So y the f*** ppl do that?

aren't they ashamed of doing the same?

I am the same way people only seem to talk to me when their computers a broke. then its like talk to ya later...

I don't mind to much cause without me their computers would be a pile of junk metal lol.

I am the same way people only seem to talk to me when their computers a broke. then its like talk to ya later...
yup, i hate them but then again i always help ;)
I don't mind to much cause without me their computers would be a pile of junk metal lol.

:lol:

Are you one of those ppl who talk to your friends/relatives only when u need them?
Ooo no! :crazy:

But yeah, the category who remembers you when your help is needed exists everywhere! I just take it to be a part of life, and move on.

Plus.... have you ever given a thought to when you yourself (unintentionally) might behave like that category? ;)

But yeah, the category who remembers you when your help is needed exists everywhere! I just take it to be a part of life, and move on.

Plus.... have you ever given a thought to when you yourself (unintentionally) might behave like that category?

no, never did

never will

*cough* coming herer for help is an example... I think we are all guilty of doing this.

I used to come here to ask a question then not show my face till i needed something else. now i come here to help others that come herer only when they need help.. lol.

Yeah, very ppl are like this. I myself phone them but they only phonr them when they have a problem in their system. However, most of the problems can't be fixed on the phone - I mean you have to see the problem - so I tell them to bring their PC to the workshop, where my dad charges for the technicians' fees LOLz. :D

Poeple tend to be very dlever, but a businessman has his own presence of mind, heh.

Yeah it feels like a rag (use and loose) just to be thought of when people need help :(

times have changed, now i keep them waiting a lil bit before i help them. so that they appreciate and realize my worth. i know it puts a strain on u r concience, but hey they should have a concience too to treat ppl this way.

Yeah, very ppl are like this. I myself phone them but they only phonr them when they have a problem in their system. However, most of the problems can't be fixed on the phone - I mean you have to see the problem - so I tell them to bring their PC to the workshop, where my dad charges for the technicians' fees LOLz. :D

Poeple tend to be very dlever, but a businessman has his own presence of mind, heh.

That's REALLY IRRITATING! :realmad:

Often they call me and say: "Hello! How are you? My modem doesn't work, what can I do??????"

or

"Do I have to buy a new PC to remove spyware??"

And much sillier things, as well as normal problems which I can't understand, especially with their English accent, reading the error messages :no:

I look at it as an opportunity, this way you get to interact with all different types of PC's with all different type of problems; which has and continues to prepare me for the corporate world.

Also you can make some change if you treat these people 100% professionally and cleverly disregard all 'small talk'.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I tell everyone (even family) when they call me about computer problems.

I will help you paint your house...  I will help you change your oil...  But I work with computers for a living, and I get paid to do that.  I will gladly help you with your computer, at a rate of $45 an hour.

Believe me... It works. Either the calls stop, or you get a couple hundred bucks. :) You wouldn't walk into your brother's place of employment and expect that he is going to give you something for free, why should you be any different? When I call my little brother up to help me work on my car, I pay him... Why? Because that's what he does for a living. There always is the exception to the rule though. My older brother... I will do work for him for free, because I know if I need him he will always be there. He always returns the favor.