Need a little help w/ Spybot S&D.

LisaB

I have used Spybot for some time now and I think I am doing something wrong.

It seems every time I do a scan it finds and fixs the same things over and over.

Am I getting the same spyware/adware from the internet everytime I log on or am I not really cleaning up the spyware/adware when I let Spybot do a cleanup?

I have the standard Spybot setting fro the original download and I also have my XP Home firewall on.

Than

Brads

Whenever you go online! The Websites put it there. At least that what I think. I have both Ad-aware and Spybot and I use them both. They clean up great. I just think whenever you log online, thats when they try and imbed something on your pc. Spybot or Ad-aware just cleans it up.

ACK!!!! Gosh, no the WindowsXP Firewall will not prevent spyware from getting onto your computer.

To help you prevent spyware from getting onto your computer you need to use a combination of programs.

Spybot S&D (The Immunize feature)

SpywareBlaster

An alternate browser (Firefox and Maxthon are the top contenders)

Once you've got these programs updated and used the immunize functions in Spybot and SpywareBlaster, you should be much better protected. Ad-Aware and Spybot are all you need at that point to clean up whatever might get through.

If all you're using is the XP Firewall, get a better one. My personal favorite is Sygate Personal Firewall. Other possibilities are Kerio Personal Firewall, and Outpost Firewall.

Hope this helps!

i remeber the days when I had to use spybot and adaware because "crap" would get installed on users machines through Internet Explorer and AOL, those were the dark days.

now I use Firefox to surf the web, no more spyware EVER! yadda yadda yadda.

Stop wasting your valuable time, use Firefox.

I also use Spyware S&D , Ad-Aware, McAfee Antispyware , using spywareblaster and spyware eliminator and spyware Sweeper 3.2 to clean and block. Spyware sweeper seems to be the most thorough at finding and eliminating but you have to get used to the settings you need to use with your part. computer. Remember no single program will remove and protect using IE you have to use a multiple arsenal of weapons, I have been using this setup for over a year with no problems. Win XP Pro IE 6 SP2

NOOOO!!!!!! :o

Trust me, "ONLY" use Internet Explorer (IE) on the few sites you may need it for, such as Windowsupdate.com (even then you can download the hotfixes from the appropriate MS bulletins using Firefox ;) ).

With Firefox, Spyware and other 'crap' becomes a thing of the past. Really. Stop worrrying about this stuff everyday and just use Firefox.

@ DigeratiPrime

Don't cry like my kid, when he started using Linux. All went well until first crash!!!.

1. 10 mln people using Firefox and almost 9 times more using IE.

2. Hackers going after most popular products, so let see how good would be Firefox after.

3. All stuff created by men not idiall, so if I created some protection other can broke this protection - it's law.

4. All programms are subject of personal preference, if you like Firefox - good for you, but if I'm like Opere or EI - it my preference

5. Even if I give you my ip,or you can get it using some code, I would sleep peacefully,because I know how protect myself.

moo

@LisaB

Update Spybot, immunaze system, schedule it for regular scanning. Install Ad-aware and use it in combination with Spybot to clean your PC.

moo

i know for a fact that since i started using firefox enhanced version that we came up with at msfn. i dont hv any problems with spyware or etc.

IE is a main TARGET of hackers and crackers. Everyone knows that.

most malicious code target IE.

As for Opera i used it before, its cool but i can personalize it like Firefox.

I agree there is no such thing as perfect protection but u can minimize it.

But if u do give up your ip i can send it to some people i know.

lets try to see how good your protection is.

just for fun we wont send u any virus or anything like that