Help for a 1st timer slipstreaming SATA

PhilyFn

I apologize for my ignorance but am at my wits end. I have tried creating a slipstreamed Win XP SP2 disk about 100 times now and guess I don't hvae a good enough grasp of what is needed. Am hoping I can get some good directions from some nice generous soul here on Christmas eve :)

I am building my first rig, specs as follows:

AMD64 3400+

AV8 Deluxe

2 SATA WD HD's 80 and 250 Gig

1 Gig RAM

ATI AIW 9600xt

and various minor things

In any case, same issue many have had, I do hav a floppy but get errors trying to use it, it's actually a floppy/media card reader, if that has anything to do with it. So am trying to make a slipstreamed disk.

I have tried a few different ways but have not had success so thought I would finally ask for help.

First I guess I wonder about the drivers them selves. I want to use the SATA drives but not in RAID, 80 for main drive 250 partitioned for storage and local web directory. I have been using the viapdsk files for the VT 8237 SATA Controller. First off is this the right driver or should I use something else?

After that, my confusion comes from the files that need to be edited. I hvae tried XPCreate, but don't quite understand what to edit. I also tried a detailed post by Chrome here but got an error about a missing file. If anyone can guide me through or offer to help me out, I would greatly be appreciated. I am calling it quits for tonight and hvae Christmnas shopping to do in the moorning, but will certainly look here first thing tomorrow when I dive back into it..

I'm not too famillier with the whole stream lining WinXP. What I do know however is that with certain motherboards you need the SATA drivers when installing XP. In my case I didn't need SATA drivers. I have a asus P4C800 motherboard.

First of all you need the drivers matched specifically for you motherboard. Also make sure that you HDD doesn't need any extra drivers or settings to work with your motherboard. I take it you are using Winxp 64 bit edtion to go with your 64bit CPU?

Let me know I was of any help......

EASY. 

Download Bâshrat the Sneaky's DriverPack MassStorage.

Use Method 1.

Tada.

Well, go check  it out and tell us how it goes.

However it looks like he got hit with the webworm from google.  :realmad:  :(

Indeed. And today I have VERY little time to solve it, but I think I know how to restore my database now :D at last...

But the DriverPack MassStorage is still available for download, right here

On a differnet note, you mentioned that your floppy doesnt seem to be functioning. This is a very common error. You see, the floppy cable (the IDE looking cable) that goes to the motherboard...can be plugged in MANY ways....BUT....there is only ONE in which it will work properly. Considering this is the first time you have built a computer, this is a VERY Common mistake. Cheers....and goodluck.

Bashrat I tried the download last nite before posting and if you try it it just comes up with the deface web site. Sorry to hear about that.

Someonesmind, it is functioning fine but I get an error when it reads it. I searched the error online and saw many people had the same issue so although not ruling user error out :) I don't think that's it.

If anyone has an alternate to the Driver Mass Storage Pack would love to have it. Thanks for the kind words and help guys certainly appreciate it.

Thats what im talking about, it looks like Its functioning fine, but gives an error message, because its getting power but not plugged in the correct way. You should do a bit of research because obviously you are new to home computer building.

Also, why are you looking for an alternative to the driver pack? They ARE the solution to your problem.

I'm looking for an alternate because the download for the above has been defaced by the web bug. Try it. I want to try it :) That's why I was saying if anyone has a copy already or alternate download I would appreciate it.

Sorry Sneaky, I got a can't write to file error:

Warning: fopen(dcount/DriverPack_MassStorage_V410.7z.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bashrat/public_html/download.php on line 22
Could not Write to File

OK Guys, again apologize for my ignorance, but little unclear on the instructions at this point. Looky at the unattended XP CD page it states to use Green Machine's page for SATA drivers. Am hoping there is an easier way after downloading Sneaky's MassStorage Pack which I just did, link is working now for any other interested, thank you very much Sneaky. Do I need anything other than the MassStorage Pakc?

OK Guys, again apologize for my ignorance, but little unclear on the instructions at this point.  Looky at the unattended XP CD page it states to use Green Machine's page for SATA drivers.  Am hoping there is an easier way after downloading Sneaky's MassStorage Pack which I just did, link is working now for any other interested, thank you very much Sneaky.  Do I need anything other than the MassStorage Pakc?

Yes, the DriverPacks BASE. But as my main site (the IntegraMOD forums) are down for now, you cannot download it. Add me to your MSN and I'll send it to you.

And indeed, I just noticed it was working again. And yesterday it DIDN'T work??? :o This is really strange.... :s

Hey Bâshrat, I've been looking for the driverpacks base as well (got the mass storage pack already). Could you please email it to me? my gmail/hotmail acct is the same as forum name. I've been trying to do this by hand for days with no luck :(

Thanks alot!