Show your latest WPI.....

It's very easy though. If you have just a little bit of HTML knowledge, that's really simple.

The only thing you need is to edit the wpi.htm in the themes\themename folder. Find out, how the htm is structured and edit your line(s) in there. Done :)

cu

FuNKeR

• 1 month later...

All done! Huge thanks to you, Hasi!

desk_sm.gif

The interface includes image rollovers (images shamelessly borrowed from WinCustomize), two hyperlinks to separate html pages (Read Me First and Maintain Your Computer), a link to my "Contact Me" page on my personal Web site for users with any remaining questions, and a link to a small executable that 'repairs' the sometimes corruptible ObjectDock.

Sure, glent, happy to oblige a hard working MSFNer such as yourself. You can grab it HERE (~1.2MB). The "RMNow" directory holds the hyperlinked info for "Read Me First" and "Maintain Your Computer," so it's important to maintain the directory structure. It took me awhile to write those pages in terms that are comprehensible to the average computer user, if you know what I mean. :D

Would appreciate a feedback PM with any thoughts that you (or anyone else) might have on how this could be improved.

Sure, glent, happy to oblige a hard working MSFNer such as yourself. You can grab it HERE (~1.2MB). The "RMNow" directory holds the hyperlinked info for "Read Me First" and "Maintain Your Computer," so it's important to maintain the directory structure. It took me awhile to write those pages in terms that are comprehensible to the average computer user, if you know what I mean.  :D 

Would appreciate a feedback PM with any thoughts that you (or anyone else) might have on how this could be improved.

just out of curiocity what was your original file structure like. this seems like it was HEAVILY customized and looks awesome :thumbup

@Swimming Bird The file structure is the same as the original version downloaded from hasi001's site back in December 2004. The graphics were changed, the CSS file found in the "common" folder and .js files found in the "wpiscripts" folder tweaked, and the .hta file revamped. You can find my first cut at this--back in December/January--on page 2 of this thread. I added the hyperlinks to the files found in the RMNow folder at a later date.

Like many an MSFNer, I played with this on an almost daily basis. Borrowed ideas from bonedaddy, Pezzie, hasi001, and FuNKeR especially, worked on the installs, messed with the interface, searched the forums, contributed to the forums, etc. Also, please note that some features are missing by design, for example, the ability to create dependencies (uid[pn]=['***']/deps[pn]=['***']). In that case, I disabled the DebugLayer to stop the screen from bouncing when a user was making choices between "Select All" or "Select None," stuff like that there.

I said it before and I'll say it again: you need a knowledge of HTML and the ability/comfort level to tweak javascripts if you are going to customize this fine app to your heart's content. No way around that. As for a tutorial, I don't know where a person seeking to write such a beast would begin. "Just mess with it" is the best advice, I think. :wacko:

OK, let's see some new stuff from others, feed those creative juices!