Change requests - new ideas - wishlist

t2x  Jan 14 2005, 08:03 PM 

Hi,

i`m using the wpi as autostart program for a cd.

This tool is great, but i`m missing an "already installed" extension.

In my mind there`s something like if c:\program files\Nero\Nero.exe exist then extend the ProgramName with "(already installed)" and grey out the checkbox.

This would be very usefull to me. I know i can use the cond statement to grey out the

checkbox but then i don't know why.

I hope my wish is clear.

thx t2x

Hello,

I'm wish also a grey checkbox for already installed software. The function to verify for installed software can integrated later...

I will read the registry for installed updates, IE and DirectX version...

Thanks for the great tool

Freddi

In Search of Santa

t2x  Jan 14 2005, 08:03 PM 

...This tool is great, but i`m missing an "already installed" extension.

In my mind there`s something like if c:\program files\Nero\Nero.exe exist then extend the ProgramName with "(already installed)" and grey out the checkbox.

This would be very usefull to me. I know i can use the cond statement to grey out the checkbox but then i don't know why.

...thx t2x

...I'm wish also a grey checkbox for already installed software. The function to verify for installed software can integrated later...

...Freddi

I ask myself the same question

I find between various topic some things from some guys (I love you all guys) who help me in this.

I mention that I use also wpi as autostart program for a cd.

with a lot of appz and for now with the 19 hotfixes post xp_sp2

I double the lines for the hotfixes in config.js like

prog[pn]=['UpDate 05 : KB885836  </font>=><font color="#00FFFF"> INSTALLED</font>']
uid[pn]=['KB885836_']
deps[pn]=['QCHAIN']
desc[pn]=['...']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Windows\\XP\\XP_UpDates\\SP2_UpDates\\KB885836.exe /Q /O /N /Z']
cond[pn]=['getOSver()=="XP" && FileExists("%cdrom%\\Windows\\XP\\XP_UpDates\\SP2_UpDates\\KB885836.exe") && FileExists("%windir%\\KB885836.log")']
cat[pn]=['10) Critical UpDates XP32 post-SP2']
pn++

prog[pn]=['UpDate 05 : KB885836 <font color="red">=>  UN<font color="#00FFFF">installed</font>']
uid[pn]=['KB885836']
deps[pn]=['QCHAIN']
desc[pn]=['...']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Windows\\XP\\XP_UpDates\\SP2_UpDates\\KB885836.exe /Q /O /N /Z']
cond[pn]=['getOSver()=="XP" && FileExists("%cdrom%\\Windows\\XP\\XP_UpDates\\SP2_UpDates\\KB885836.exe") && !FileExists("%windir%\\KB885836.log")']
cat[pn]=['10) Critical UpDates XP32 post-SP2']
pn++

I have there 2 groups with the same content , but with 2 complementary

conditions (FileExists and !FileExists=NOT_FileExists) , so only one of those two will be displayed in WPI.

with two exception KB873374(GDI+) and KB890830(malicious) , the rest of 17 (today) hotfixes make a log like c:\windows\KB8xxxxx.log

so , if exist the log I display one (with added string "INSTALLED" in caps) , if the log does not exist

I display the other (with added string "not installed" ) with red_chars.

I see computers with 1, 3 or only 10 hotfixes installed , not in my order, so this is very helpfull for me . more and more people going to conect to internet. and they don't know what is there ...

Same thing we can do with c:\program...\nero.exe.

but I can't know the version . maybe the one installed is very old, or incomplete,

or damaged.

so if I do not verify that I can say is ok , and is not so well maybe.

So now , grey checkbox is not for me a necessity , can be the gray box a good thing !? maybe this depends of the needs.

Freddi , how can you "read the registry for installed updates, IE and DirectX version..." ?!

Freddi , how can you "read the registry for installed updates, IE and DirectX version..." ?!

Hello oneless,

thank you for your answer, here my old examples in vbscript to verify the version.

Function NT_Hotfixes()
 On Error Resume Next
 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002
 Dim lRC, i, sPath, sRes, sKeys(), objRegistry
 Set objRegistry = GetObject("winmgmts:root\default:StdRegProv")
 sPath = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix"
 lRC = objRegistry.EnumKey(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, sPath, sKeys)
 If (lRC = 0) And (Err.Number = 0) Then
   ShellSortS sKeys
   For i=0 to ubound(sKeys)
     If sKeys(i) = "KB826939" Then Patch1 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "KB828028" Then Patch2 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "KB828035" Then Patch3 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "KB825119" Then Patch4 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "KB824105" Then Patch5 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "KB823182" Then Patch6 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "KB824141" Then Patch7 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "Q828026" Then Patch8 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "KB817787" Then Patch9 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "Q832894" Then Patch10 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "Q330994" Then Patch11 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "KB826939" Then Patch12 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "KB826939" Then Patch13 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "KB826939" Then Patch14 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "KB832483" Then Patch15 = True
     If sKeys(i) = "Q819696" Then Patch16 = True
   Next
 else
   NT_Hotfixes = vbnullstring
 End If
 Set objRegistry = Nothing
End Function

Function Get_IE_Version()
 Dim WshShell, Version, Hf
 On Error Resume Next
 Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
 Version = WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version")
 Hf = WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\MinorVersion")
 IEUpd = Split(hf, ";", -1, 1)
 If Err.Number = 0 Then
For i=0 to ubound(IEUpd)
If IEUpd(i) = "Q832894" Then PatchIE1 = True
If IEUpd(i) = "Q330994" Then PatchIE2 = True
Next
Else
Get_IE_Version = vbnullstring
End If
 Set WshShell = Nothing  
End Function

Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set fso      = WScript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
 Text = WSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%WinDir%") & "\system32\msjava.dll"
 MsgBox UCASE(Text) & vbCRLF & "hat die Version: " & fso.GetFileVersion(Text), , WScript.ScriptName

MSJAVA_Version
DX_Version
Sub MSJAVA_Version
Dim WshShell, Version
On Error Resume Next
Version = WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608500}\Version")
Set WshShell = Nothing
Select Case Version
 Case "5,0,3810,0":
 MsgBox "Patch installiert"
 Case "5,0,3805,0":
 MsgBox "Patch nicht installiert"
 Case Else
 MsgBox "Die Version konnte nicht ermittelt werden!"
End Select
End Sub

Sub DX_Version
Dim WshShell, Version
On Error Resume Next
Version = WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX\Version")
Set WshShell = Nothing
Select Case Version
 Case "4.09.00.0904":
 MsgBox "DirectX 9.0c"
 Case "4.09.00.0902":
 MsgBox "DirectX 9.0b"
 Case Else
 MsgBox "Die Version konnte nicht ermittelt werden!"
End Select
End Sub

I'm not a good programmer...

I'll test your code for my menu.

Freddi

I would like to see an option to play a song while music is installing much like a background on wpi and browse for the song and it could be played using an Intergrated sound player? Dont know if poss or would do but this would be a nice feature

I would like to see an option to play a song while music is installing much like a background on wpi and browse for the song and it could be played using an Intergrated sound player? Dont know if poss or would do but this would be a nice feature

Havn't you seen my thread about the music player in background?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=301769

hey there.

please do not forget that some installations for some people are controlled by autoit scripts and therefore the installation windows cannot lose the WindowActive status.

If you have a player where you choose the music you want to hear, or control the volume, or play from the beginning, a mouse click would probably ruin your autoit... :no:

It's about collateral damage... How do you think this could be solved? :huh:

best compliments

if during installation of a program you would change volume or something like that, the only thing to do is to click back on the installation window, cause in autoIt you have the function winwaitactive, so your installation won't be ruined.

hi there. great work. my only request/complaint is that the SAVE buttons in Options are in the background (what i mean here is that you have to scroll down to go and press SAVE, but when you are in the Config section, the buttons are on top, they are on the same level as the EXIT button, is there a reason it is that way ? i would like the buttons to be as they are on the config screen. is there a way i can do this myself ?

by the way ive been using this at work, my boss doesnt understand how we cut production time in half :D

really a great realisation yuo got there. thx again.

i have only 2 wishes currently, may increase numerically in future :)

1. in config.js we add category titles like System::Microsoft or Windows xp::PowerToys,etc. i wish to add some image before the category title like

<image>System::Microsoft or <image>Windows xp::PowerToys to make the wpi titlecard look more professional and aesthetically built. after all main purpose of unattended xp cd , apart from ease and self-controlled installation, is to challenge microsoft's idea of look and feel.

2. i wish to have control over running of wpi.hta at any stage of its running by modifiying the list of softwares i intend to install at any stage of software installation by temporarily halting the installation, then customising the software package, then resuming installation of newly modified package again.

hope hasi and other generous fellows at msfn forum think about my wishlist.

We are looking at doimg something for #1 maybe

As for #2 the way WPI is set up makes it impossible to halt mid-process.

The only thing I can think of is to make WPI finish at certain sections and then having it recall itself to start on a new section. (kinda redundent though imho)

We are looking at doimg something for #1 maybe

As for #2 the way WPI is set up makes it impossible to halt mid-process.

The only thing I can think of is to make WPI finish at certain sections and then having it recall itself to start on a new section. (kinda redundent though imho)

i am delighted Kel, when the incorporation of #1 is happening? how long we've to wait? i'm restless.

As for#2 , you're right, my #2 wish will return WPI to Stone Age, i think. i thought of it only because of any interdependency in some softwares in the installation package. if X doesn't get installed for whatsoever reason , then user should have control over installation of say Y.

Thanks. waiting for #1 eagerly.

• 4 weeks later...

Now I know you have heard this a 1000 times but, "NICE PROGRAM. I LOVE IT" :thumbup

Suggestions:

1) I would like it if that next to or under each item we can have listed how much disk space is required. Let us enter that info on the config page of the programs. And that under the Begin Install It would list the total disk space needed along with how much is available on Drive C:

2) I would like it if we had the option of a picture for each item. For when the mouse moves over the top of the item it will pop up the info along with a picture id it was specified in the config list. And have all pics stored in one folder.

[3) I don't know if I am the only one that has this problem but when using on different computers the resolution is not always at the 1024X768I use the Video Changer but some monitors (YES THEY ARE OLD) don’t support this and when WPI loads the text is not where it should be and some buttons you can’t click on. Is there a way to fix this? Like change the size of the text upon which screen size it is?

Well thank you for taking the time to read this.

B) When can we expect to see a new release?

Thanks Again.

Happy Programming. :hello: