Java 5.0 Update 1

jrf2027

I had the same problem with it rebooting.

I believe this is related to the location of the installation file.

if its installing from CDROM, it reboots,

from hdd, its ok.

I may be wrong too, i haven't fully tested this theory.

Shark007

• 2 weeks later...

So... has anybody ever figured out a way to keep this thing from rebooting? The best I've gotten so far with the MSI file, is it actually asked me, despite being told to be silent and suppress reboots. Better than breaking the install process, but still no cigar. I've tried the switchless EXE and it reboots automagicly. :(

I'm tearing my hair out over this! I have programs that really do need to have 1.5 java - and no amount of coaxing or sledgehammering will convince it to not reboot. Has ANYONE figured a solution that actually works on more than just one or two systems?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm installing it from harddrive and still get the reboot dialog ... REBOOT=ReallySuppress does not affect anything :-( I just finished a little program that does nothing but finding that window and clicking cancel ... thats how desperate I am! :) Hope Sun will fix this

I've found that what caused it to reboot on me was the installation order of my programs. When I made it the first thing to install, it didn't reboot. When I had it in the middle of the list, it rebooted.

So, if you guys haven't already tried that, do it :)

I've found that what caused it to reboot on me was the installation order of my programs.  When I made it the first thing to install, it didn't reboot. When I had it in the middle of the list, it rebooted.

So, if you guys haven't already tried that, do it :)

is that with your repacked installer?

well, im running it with

%CDROM%\Install\java\java.msi Custom=1 IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 SYSTRAY=0 WEBSTARTICON=0 Reboot=Suppress /qn

with no problems

but, then again, it is like number 2 in things to get installed so i dunno

Hope Sun will fix this

They don't have to fix anything. Their installer if fine. :) We just don't know it at first.

I posted my switch here.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=266180

No reboot. :)

edit: Oops.. I didn't see that lilweirddude posted the switch already. :lol:

yep, that's where i got it from ^_^

" if CUSTOM=1 is used, the user will only see the license agreement, which must be accepted, and the progress bar."

Well btw, it seems to work fine with :

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\java\J2SE.msi IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 JAVAUPDATE=0 /qb!-" /f