Copy Windows Dist / Multi-boot

First off, I want to thank all the regular posters for their hard work. Thanks to what I’ve learned here, I’ve created a kick a** DVD that installs and configures Windows and my programs exactly the way I want them. Reinstalling my PC used to take a day and now it takes an hour. I have a few questions.

1) I’d like to set it up so the computer never requests the Windows CD. Is there a way to tell the installer to copy the entire I386 directory to my C drive and always refer to it when adding features?

2) Since the DVD has some room left, I was thinking of adding some utilities and BartPE. What’s the best program to use for creating a boot menu? What’s a good source for learning how to add the files and configure the DVD for multi-boot?

Thanks again for making this place a great resource.

=TG=

No external module, in the cdshell.ini file I have

if $vesa == 1; then script xp.cds; else script textmode.cds

to check if the graphic can be displayed and if not a text mode version is run.

Then

show image graphics\xp.csi

in the xp.cds script.

As for the resolution they are 640 by 480 pixels in size :no: , and true-color (ie. 24-bit; approximately 16.7 million colors), is easyboot 1024x780 max?.

it says on easyboots webpage that 1024x768 was just added, and no 24bit support...only 16bit, unless you know the creator and already have a newer version than the one listed on the webpage...

23, EasyBoot 5.06 (December 6, 2004)                                          Buy Now    Free Trial

+) Improved device driver, increases compatibility with most VESA 1.2/2.0/3.0 video cards

+) Supports 1024x768 screen resolution (256 and 32K/64K colors)

+) Use 32K (15bits) color mode if 64K mode is not available

*) Some minor improvements and bug fixes

64K is not 24 bit, in case youre wondering

Yep, EasyBoot can support up to 1024x768 resolution and True Colors.

ok Incroyable Hulk, im gonna have to jump on you...so basically, what you said here is a lie? And what you meant to post is that Easy Boot uses 1024x768 and converts 24 bit images to 16 bit images before writing the boot folder...and in the event that your display card cant display 16 bit, it will downgrade the image to 15 bit (if I remember correctly)? Or that Ezbsystems is working on making Easy Boot 24 bit compatible (which could take a long time depending)

Correct!

1- EasyBoot converts 24 bit images to 16 bit images

2- in the event that your display card cant display 16 bit, it will downgrade the image to 15 bit

3- Ezbsystems is working on making Easy Boot 24 bit compatible

4- what you said here is a lie? - I beleive you could use a better choice of word ;)

4- what you said here is a lie? - I beleive you could use a better choice of word
Participated in a campaign of misinformation :P

Has a creative relationship with the truth ;)

Ah who cares no harm done.I downloaded a trial of easyboot , and may not have given it enough time but, personally, if I had spent a while creating another masterpiece to use as a background I wouldn't want to use the single colour menu systems as they display on their web page.I like CDShell its free and relatively easy, for clowns like me.

@Incroyable HULK

Is it possible to use seperate pictures to build up the graphical interface and incorporate the buttons into your background?.i.e use my bitmap as posted above but still retain mouse\cursor key functionality to advance though the options.

@evilvoice

are you the same evilvoice as frequents the 911cd.net forum?.If you are thanks for your Acronis tutorials.

@benners

EasyBoot has a new feature called "Use Image Text"

You can use this function to change the color of menu elements integrated into your background image such as text, icons, etc.

1) The first thing to do is to create your layout in a third-party image processing program (such as PhotoShop, ACDSee), in any font and size, but using SINGLE color value for text string (as long as the background is uniform, it will even work with icons...)

2) In EasyBoot, Create a menu item and check 'Use Image Text' option, select the proper fore/back color pairs for Normal status and Highlight status

3) EasyBoot will re-map color pairs between Normal and Highlight according to mouse movement

PS: You may need to use 'Options'->'Configuration' to define the exact color value for this menu item, so it can match the background image properly