Unattended upgrade from network share point

I am getting frustrated with this whole process. All I want to do is perform an unattended upgrade from windows 2000 pro to windows xp pro from a network share point. Every time I try it, it seems to crap out at a different point. I am using the NTUpgrade=Yes line in the winnt.sif, but it still seems to want to install a fresh copy of xp which basically is stopping it at the text setup portion waiting for user input. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Alanoll

Okay here is what I think is happening now. It starts the upgrade with no problem. Then the PC restarts and enters the text setup portion. This is where it fails because it is trying to copy files from the network and of course, it has no network at this point.

Is there a way to specify for it to copy the files to a temporary location on the hard drive and then instruct it to copy the files from there? Or is this only possible through a batch file or RIS?

If you run winnt32.exe /? you can read the contents of winnt32.hlp. This help file documents a switch you can use to copy all source files locally:

/makelocalsource

Instructs Setup to copy all installation source files to your local hard disk. Use /makelocalsource when installing from a CD to provide installation files when the CD is not available later in the installation.

Sometimes the help files actually ARE useful after all.