XP: to use or not to use

Ven

most people on here use more than one os some use 2000 some xp some might still win98 then you have the apple and Linux/unix users. there is no one os thats used over another. it depends on what you want to do with the os.

most people on here use more than one os some use 2000 some xp some might still win98 then you have the apple and Linux/unix users. there is no one os thats used over another. it depends on what you want to do with the os.

80%-85% of the world uses Windows.

Why would anyone use XP instead of 2000, the improved network features, such as the bridge feautre and remote assistance which sometimes is necessary, thats why i use XP, if it wasnt for that i would use 2000 cuz I LOVE IT

Unfortunately, I'm very boring - I just use my computer (XP) as a digital darkroom. I don't play games, I don't use it to listen to music, watch videos or any of the other things that people seem do with theirs. Surfing the internet is not for me - I have twelve sites that I visit, plus this one, they are related to photography, powerlifting and computer helprooms.

My computer is simply an adjunct to my main interest, which is photography or, to put it another way, if I didn't have my cameras I wouldn't have a computer - sad but true.

Unfortunately, I'm very boring - I just use my computer (XP) as a digital darkroom. I don't play games, I don't use it to listen to music, watch videos or any of the other things that people seem do with theirs. Surfing the internet is not for me - I have twelve sites that I visit, plus this one, they are related to photography, powerlifting and computer helprooms.

My computer is simply an adjunct to my main interest, which is photography or, to put  it another way, if I didn't have my cameras I wouldn't have a computer - sad but true.

:huh: meaning... you just dump pictures in the computer and thats it :blink: ????

" oooo, thats fun. do you make slidshows with music on them?"

No, sven, I don't. I produce photographs - as I stated previously, it's a "Digital Darkroom", which is a much more comfortable place to be than a conventional "wet darkroom". If you have ever spent hours, stumbling around in the dark, to produce a couple of enlargements then you'll know what I mean.

With the computer, as you know, I can feed a roll of film through the scanner then process my prints, as I wish them to be, in no time at all - all of this done with the light on, sheer bliss to an "oldie" such as I (you tend to look for the easy, and the comfortable, way out as you get older). Photography, as I said, is my main interest and my computer is a fantastic aid, and an enhancement, to it ... I have to admit would be somewhat lost without it now.

"My Computer = My Life.... sad but true.. lol."

Bi0haZarD, to each his, or her, own. If you like it then continue to do it and let no one tell you any different! :yes: