oh purleeese...

FthrJACK

http://www.musicunited.org/9_parents.html

if any site needed hacking, its this, forget RIAA.

this site is full of ****!

all the recording artists that are all millionares saying things like "when someone downloads a song off the internet its taking money out of my kids mouth"

hahahaha - they wouldnt know the meaning of broke.

and a few say that mp3 sharing stops new artists getting known! err wake up! infact the opposite!

i wonder how many of these fools realise that people generally download a few songs, decide if they like the album or not.. and if the album has more than just 2 good songs on it they might well go out and spend the overpriced amount for the CD.

its bad enough here in the UK where CD's generally cost a third more than in the USA, or sometimes even more.. double even.

Damon Dash, Executive Producer, Roc-A-Fella Records: "At the ROC, we work for ours. Taking food out of our artists' mouths is despicable, disrespectful, cowardly and dishonorable.
then you should take a pay cut and pay them more money
James Grundler, Singer/Songwriter, Member of Paloalto: "I live with my drummer and guitarist and we have no money. Our survival is based solely on the purchase of our music. Music is not free. Even the street performer gets a dime in his box."

GET THE FOCK OUT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AND GET A REAL JOB THEN U RETARD! ITS OBVIOUS U SUX!

some of this bulls*** is pure class! they act like they dont get paid alot of money for singing other peoples lyrics and advertising things they wouldnt use themselfs.

What about radio and recording? Seems I never heard this much bunk till CD Writers, MP3s, and the interenet came along.

Wouldn't it be something if everytime an artist busted someone for downloading music a watchdog group would expose the artist for a similar crime. Like copying someone elses lyrics. Eye for an eye, per say.

Excellent Idea!

And what about the recoding industry imposing a levy on blank cd's! Thats a crock! The levy is for the blank cd's that they ASSUME you will be burnning music to. OH? What about data cd's? Or the CD's I burn my photo's too? Why should I pay a levy or tax because some asswipe assumes all we do is burn music.. I burn data, and I shouldnt have to pay a copyright levy on that cd. F them..! :)

yea i forgot about the record industry getting a small percentage of every blank cd sold even though many people who buy blank cds will not be buying them for MP3s the last time i burned a music album was over a year ago.

i bet the film makers dont get a percentage of every blank dvd or blank vhs tape sold though do they?

As far as i understand, the only cds that have a tax on them for the Recording lables, are the ones designated "Audio" cds...they are generaly more expensive, and really have not uuper hand over any data cd....so if you wanna aviod the levy, just dont buy the Audio Cds...

:)

=Drew

Actually up here in Canada, we get the levy EVEN on the data only blank cd's.. Well any way, they are seeking to boost the levy in Canada again, wich is double the US levy... however the US levy is supposed to go up double in the new year.. as they are planning..

Listen,the large corporation I work for making a wh :) opping 20.8% profit margin (national average between 7% and 10%)a few months back threatened to close the doors if we(International union)didn,t open our contract with a year left and give them concessions.For men and women to work we negotiated nearly $10,000/yr. per person cut.These large corporations always cry poor and have their hand out,the RIAA and rich artists with gold spoons are same,same.

What kind of crap is that!!!!!!!!!

I too, am guilty of "burning" but not because of the cost.

Gone are the days of 45's (which I still have a s***load of) and I would still purchase if given that option.

These are the days of one-hit wonders. These days you're lucky to find a band that you truly admire enough to purchase the full c.d.!

I dont want to get flamed but:

"Most parents would be horrified if they walked into a child's room and found 100 stolen CDs...However, these same parents think nothing of having their children spend time online downloading hundreds of songs without paying a dime." -- John Malcolm, Deputy Assistant Attorney General, August 19,2002, (CNETnews.com)
and
Downloading defeats the parental advisory labeling. For parents, they lose control of their child’s listening as these free, illegal services allow kids to listen to music parents would otherwise not allow.

is very true. Now dont get me wrong Im more guilty than most considering I have almost 200 albums on my pc as well and I burn them but theres some valid points as a parent. If your not a parent then you wouldnt understand.