Slipstreaming VIA SerialATA Drivers

GDragoN

Hi,

Here is a way slipstream VIA SerialATA drivers easy into WinXP I386 folder. Download attached file, add few lines from Info.txt and copy sys_ files in I386 folder, and that is that.

Millan

any updates on these drivers? Is this from Asus or VIA? is there anyway to do this automatically?

Thank you

If you want it to be done automatically, use my DriverPack MassStorage + the DriverPacks BASE. But please wait for V5.05.1 of the DriverPacks BASE!! The current one gives trouble... Though it works (nearly) fine with DP MassStorage only, only the cleanup doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Well driver pack works OK. But if you need to install windows on SATA drive it won't be recognized by the installer. Try it on a VIA motherboard and you will see it. Drive will work after install, but you can't install on it if you use only your driver pack. I have MSI KT600 Delta motherboard and this is the ONLY trully working way for installing windows on SATA drive.

You need to let windows know where are the drivers during the presetup phase. This is the only way, you slipstream drivers in the windows. This goes for every other SATA drivers. They need to be slipstreamed into installer and I386 folder.

Bâshrat, you could try to make similar thing for every other common SATA driver, so the people can install on SATA drive.

Millan

Hi Milan,

Just wanted to say a big thanks. I finally got my XP on my SATA drive after following your instructions. I was trying for over 20 hours and XP install was failing until I came across this excellent website and found your thread.

Initially I couldn't get it to work. I got it to work by removing all the viaide references in the txtsetup.pif and then adding your changes.

I also had to slow down my Mushkin memory from 2-2-2 to 2-3-3 and then everything was flying!

Thanks again.

Kara

ps Greets to Bâshrat and all the geeks on MSFN. Keep up the good work :)

Well, if my DriverPacks didn't work for you, that means that your HWID has a different SUBSYS ID then the other VIA VT8237 controllers on ASUS boards. PLEASE post your HWID!

You can obtain it with Everest Home Edition. If you need more info, do a quick search with this board's search engine or with google ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Oke, I think im way too late here, but I try what is suggested in the first post. But I get an error that it cant copy the .sys files and an .inf file in the very beginning of copying the files.

Now it recognized my disk, so thats not a problem.

Is there something that I need more than just the .sy_ files?

Thanks a lot otherwise! Atleast it put me ONE step ahead of what I was before :)

:thumbup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've managed to get my Sata 8237 driver installed without changing any "sif" files.

To be more precise the file in question is VIAMRAID.SYS and related INF and TXTMODE files:

1) I've created a $OEM$/$1/sata/ directory tree inside the source folder

2) copied the contents of the sata diskette (or the DRVDSK from the hypherion540 folder from Viaarena) in the sata folder (see point 1)

3) copied the VIAMRAID.SYS into the I386 directory

4) Once in nLite, when in the Drivers panel, I've selected the driver (in Txtmode)

All done!

found the info browsing the net and got not a clue how it works but who cares... :whistle:

No need to press any F6 key anymore. :yes:

By the way, what are these viasraid.sy_ and viapdsk.sy_ for?

The post is a couple of years old, I guess those drivers have been replaced by VIAMRAID.SYS by now. Or I am missing something? :huh:

How many drivers are required by the Via8237 chipset?

There are other INF files relative to VIAAGP, VIAMACH, and VIAUSB but they aren't installed even by a proper install from windows...apparently Hypherion itself choose not to install them because they aren't required or because those provided by windows are newer (e.g. agp).

My knowledge is very approximate...I'd like to know a bit more.

any reply appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone here help me clean install xp home on my alienware m5790 notebook? Before i bought my computer i told aw that if vista is not compatible with my software i would have to dual boot with xp. after purchasing the machine and three years of technical support i was told that aw will not support partitioning or xp installation. They told me that i could download the drivers from their website. These are drivers you install after the os has been installed. I can provide u with all the information u need. I will also pay the person 50 bucks if they can get it to work.

Edited by thura