Slipstreaming VIA SerialATA Drivers

GDragoN

HI ALL

I am rather new to this site

I have a ASUS AV8 which I am having problems with I bought a New XP Pro with SP2 on it in the hope to resolve not seeing the 1 TB WD GREEN HDD

As it happens I have pulling off the Drivers put on to a floppy as it only wants to see a "A DRIVE" to get to see the full 1TB but then when I have done the F6 for RAID drivers etc it does it's bit then I see the drive continue then I get VIASRAID.SYS could not be copied. SHOUT! so then I googled to find to slipstreaming it all

I copied the XP on to drive

I then copied the viapdsk.sy_ & viasraid.sy_ to the I386 folder

I edited the TXTSETUP.SIF accordingly

Now is that all I need to do or are the other drivers required?

Also how hard is it to add SP3 to the disc ? So that's all done. :thumbup

Any other advise welcome little disappointed that the NEW Disc did not see it.

Many thanks Noddy

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Here is a way slipstream VIA SerialATA drivers easy into WinXP I386 folder. Download attached file, add few lines from Info.txt and copy sys_ files in I386 folder, and that is that.

Millan

Someone give this man an award. This was my third try to slipstream drivers to an XP install disk and it worked. Much much thanks, GDragon.

Edit: For anyone out there doing research, I used these drivers to successfully get Windows XP to find a SATA drive on a Soyo Dragon Plus KT600 v2 motherboard (which uses the VIA KT600 chipset).

Edited by kevin8402

• 4 weeks later...

omg thank you GDragon

i wasted about 4 disc so far tryin to get this driver to work . one try your way an worked instantly . thank you so much.

also i was using the same VIA kt600 chipset on an Epox board (cant get any dls to dl off there site thou)

Edited by faizali1

• 8 months later...

Well I copied all the code just the way gdragon said and now when I put the startup disc that I burned it starts copying the drivers files, then it goes to "Starting Windows" then I get the BSOD that says "Unmountable Drive" with the following code ***STOP: 0x000000ED,(0x889AB030, 0xC0000304,0x00000000, 0x00000000).

What am I doing wrong?

Somebody please help me. I've been wrestling with trying to get the drivers recognized at setup so I can install the VIA Raid drivers necessary to install windows on my SATA drives.

Thanx

Jim

• 1 month later...

Hi

Can somebody please help,

Please bear in mind i am a complete computer novice and am tring to install Windows server 2003 std edition on a Dell Vostro 430. The computer has two Sata drives in it setup up as a Raid 1 system.

I have understood quite a bit of this thread regarding editing the txtsetup.sif file etc and have used the nLite sotware to create the disc but am still having problems.

Can anybody please help

Thanks

• 8 months later...

Hi,

Here is a way slipstream VIA SerialATA drivers easy into WinXP I386 folder. Download attached file, add few lines from Info.txt and copy sys_ files in I386 folder, and that is that.

Millan

hi, sorry to bug u. I know ur totally busy. I understand how 2 copy files to 1386 folder. but where do i add the lines from info.txt? im so tired of not being able to use my 500 gbt hardrive the right way. plz help. thanx

Brian from Rubinos Tattooing(:

hi, sorry to bug u. I know ur totally busy. I understand how 2 copy files to 1386 folder. but where do i add the lines from info.txt? im so tired of not being able to use my 500 gbt hardrive the right way. plz help. thanx

Brian from Rubinos Tattooing(: