Slipstreaming VIA SerialATA Drivers

GDragoN

:rolleyes: New Member here, Thanks to GDragon :-) the unattended install works without using the F6 key. I have tried every possible way to make this work, followed the service pack for xp pro, and MS website instructions, numerous posts here on MSFN and continued until I succeded. Now the question lies within me, how is it that this works, and yet the other ways fail? Thanks to all here who post with questions, trials and success, it helps with new people like me., Edited by atrembla

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

nLite is the best. I'm not a programmer so the tips from the first post was not understandable for me. With nLite it's so much easier...

Enyway, I must say without your forum and this topic I wouldn't be able to fix my problem :)

Thanks to all of you :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many many many thanks to GDRAGON.

Followed instructions as listed and worked no problem!

This is for a Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus (via kt600 chipset). Sata driver = Silicon Image 3112.

Nope, no names needed to be changed to match sil3112, just followed the instructions.

I am very happy :D.

• 3 weeks later...

hello im new to this and iam having the same problem of trying to put my xp pro on my hp laptop that came with vista, i did that "SlipViaSata" that was the first post and i put the new code as the last in the category that it was suppose to be in so i hope that was right but when i booted from that, my laptop still says that i don't have a hard drive can someone please help me with this or point me in the right direction. is there a program or something that i can use to completely erase my hard drives so i can come back and install xp?

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings

I tried creating a bootable cd and after a few seconds I get the error

"INF error TXTSETUP.SIF is missing or corupt".

I used Nlite to create the image and the data in each section of the file

is correct.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks and best regards!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive spent weeks trying to get a working raid 0 boot (no floppy and I'm not the most computer savvy person you will ever meet but god ****, this was so effing easy I didn't even use anything in winlite. I had a Windows xp pro corp copy I just recently got from newsgroups, put sp3(most recent release) on it. The service pack was downloaded separately.

Anyways, it was 2 raptors trying to boot from a raid 0, and for some reason beforehand I couldnt get working for the life of me because of random stuff like not having a floppy drive or when i went out to buy a floppy drive it would just sit there unable to read any disk in it. The board was an Ecs PT890T-A v1.0 8237 south controller. Just did what he said in the 1st post, and I simply just added viamraid.sys in the i386 folder as an addition just incase, I loaded the oem text setup as THE only driver I in winlite. I was trying to do this for weeks before hand though just trying to teach myself (through more trial and error than research obviously =p) but ya Millan aka Gdragon you made this alot easier than everyone else was making it out to be, and Thank You very much for the post, even though it was like a few years ago, it still works with sp3 =p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hmm feeling a little stupid here.. but.. could someone explain again how to get the sata drivers slipstreamed.. or what ever way to get this bloody laptop installed with XP!!..

its an Asus fs3g notebook.. and has the Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset +ICH8M.. i have nlite and ive also slipstreamed sp2 into my copy.. just lost as to how to get the sata drivers into it ....

again any tips are good tips.. no matter how stupid the question sounds ;P

much appreciated :D

• 7 months later...