Acrobat reader strikes again...

Radimus

To get the MSI install:

1. download http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/read...70_enu_full.exe

2. install acrobat 7.0 on one workstation

3. get the Adobe Reader 7.0.msi and data1.cab file out of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Setup Files\RdrBig\ENU____\ directory

msiexec /i "Adobe Reader 7.0.msi" EULA_ACCEPT=YES /qb-

change the qb- to qn if you want a silent install.

You don't even need to install the program. Just double-click the AdbeRdr70_enu_full.exe file. It automatically extracts the msi and the data1.cab file to %programfiles%Acrobat 7.0. Just dig through the folder levels and you'll find it. Then cancel the installation before it installs anything. (Don't know if you can use WinRar to extract the files - I don't have it at work.)

You can also make an administrative install of it. I changed the name of the .msi file to acrobatreader.msi (for compatibility with my existing RunOnceEx file), then ran the following command:

msiexec /a (Pathtothefile)\acrobatreader.msi

It creates an administrative install. (7.0 gained about 20 megabytes over 6.0!)

Then, just use WinRar or another compressor program to save space, and you should be able to install it using /qb (haven't been able to test this yet and won't be able to for about four more hours, so don't quote me on this!)

Like my Acrobat 6.x installers, I'm going to be adding a bunch of registry tweaks to the MSI as well (like no Auto Update, no Ads, etc).

First round of testing went very well with just a few changes needing to be made. I'll hopefully have it out later today.

Just to add my pennies worth,

Why not just get the msi and cab file?

In runonceex.cmd file use switches of /quiet /norestart and away you go.

Not sure how/why some people manage to make these so complicated for no reason. Or have i missed something.

The basic, if you download yourself, has no Yahoo Toolbar, nor Photoshop, nor Adobe Download manager applied. The msi and cab are gathered from c:\prgram files\adobe\adobe 7.0\<forget>\ENU

RyanVM msi, appears to be the best for home users, but my company wouldn't like all the tweaks, shame as some are useful.

an oldman who's a tad confused

@itdevil:

nameofmsi.msi TRANSFORMS=nameofmst.MST /qb-

would it be something like this in RunOnceEx for complete slient (Unattented Install)

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "Acrobat Reader 7.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AdobeReader\Adober~1.msi TRANSFORMS=Adober.mst /qb-" /f