Office 2000 Slipstreaming

BigDaddy

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to do the same thing you are talking about with no sucess. I have however found someone that claims to know how to do it.

Slipstreaming Microsoft Office 2000

I can't get it to work. I don't know what to do with the batch file after I've created it.

I've also tried adding the updates through the "Add Installations and Run Programs" option in the Custom Installation Wizard of the Office2k Resource Kit. I can't get that to work either. Try them yourself maybe you will have better luck. If you do have sucess please let me know how you did it. Good luck

I had this problem too. I had to obtain Office 2000 SR-1 Media from my VAR then recreate the Administrative Installation point.

From there I was able to use the slipstream methods to integrate SP3 into my admin. install. point.

Slipstreaming SR-1 into a base Office 2000 (no SR's) did not work for whatever reason.

Try this, it should work.

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT CREATE AN ADMINISTRATIVE INSTALLATION !!!!!

I tried that to no avail.

Download Administrative Updates for

SR-1a (138MB)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/off...EN-US/data1.exe

and SR-3 (58MB) http://download.microsoft.com/download/off...-US/o2ksp3a.exe

Copy the contents of the CD's to a directory of choice from now on called <cd>.

Extract the msp files from the Service Release to an directory of choise from now on called <updates>

<service release exe> /T:<updates> /C

Now, SR-1a have to be applied first (so I am a bit over descriptive, bear with me):

MSIEXEC.EXE /A <cd>\DATA1.MSI /P <updates>\DATA1.MSP SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /QB+

Then for SR-3, all 3 msp's might have to be applied, depending on the CD and version of Office 2000 you have:

MSIEXEC.EXE /A <cd>\DATA1.MSI /P <updates>\ARTSP3FF.MSP SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /QB+

MSIEXEC.EXE /A <cd>\DATA1.MSI /P <updates>\MAINSP3FF.MSP SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /QB+

MSIEXEC.EXE /A <cd>\DATA1.MSI /P <updates>\SP3CD2FF.MSP SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /QB+

There you have it, just completed it as I was typing, hope it works for you too.

Thanks to:

http://www.2link.ca/tips/others/other2.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;EN-US;257983

• 2 weeks later...

Office 2k is working perfectly with the slip-stream.

commands from CD folder:

setup.exe /A C:\o2k-AIP

That will make the admin-install point (or server image, if you prefer to call it that way) at the specified folder.

Then just use the instructions as in Office XP/2003 to merge the MSPs into install source.

Not to sound like moron, but in the description handyjap:

Copy the contents of the CD's to a directory of choice from now on called <cd>.

Am I overwriting the office, IE, EN, etc. folders. Doing the slipstream disc by disc doesn't seem to work. And if i do copy over which ones do i keep disc one or disc two.

Please advise?!?!

Been at this for 3 days and still tanking everytime. Other then that the slipstream info is dead on. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I have tried this and worked OK:

For SR-1a:

msiexec /a E:\Office2000\Admin\data1.msi /p E:\Office2000\SP1\DATA1.msp SHORTFILENAMES=1

But this two:
For SP3 Disk1:

msiexec /a E:\Office2000\Admin\data1.msi /p E:\Office2000\SP3\MAINSP3ff.msp SHORTFILENAMES=1

For SP3 Disk2:

msiexec /a E:\Office2000\Admin\data2.msi /p E:\Office2000\SP3\SP3CD2ff.msp SHORTFILENAMES=1

Following error:

It is not possible to open this revision pack. Check that the package revision exists and you can get access to it or get into contact...

What happens?

Do you have that version of office that comes with _TWO_ Disks? if not, then you don't do that last step. Which would seem not, as the error message is indicating non-existing file...

Make sure you downloaded: O2KSR1aDL.EXE, which is what actually has data2.msp

And don't rely on posted absolute path's here, use directories these files are in - on your own pc.

Edited by Crash&Burn