Server 2003: Reports inconsistent drive space

Halogen-Eyes

Hi,

This one is wierd, I've never seen it before. I'm helping administer a server on a remote site. That said, I've no idea what's transpired over the last 6 months on that server which makes this harder to work out. Basically, the system contains a Raid-5 container which us consumed by a single NTFS partition. The partition is reported to be 260 odd GB in size. Now, when I right-click on the partition (e:\) in explorer, the properties dialog states that the disk has a capacity of ~260GB, with ~240GB Used and ~20GB Free. Then I expand the drive, "select all" and right-click and go to properties. For some reason, it states the the total size is ~150GB. I have an administrative logon, and I've enabled viewing of all hidden files and folders.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? It has me stumped.

Hey,

Yeah I thought of the permissions thing, so I ran a script over the entire drive to ensure that each ACL included BUILTIN\Administrators, and they all showed up clean.

Just for extra info, it's a Dell PowerEdge 2650. Only thing i can think is that it has a corrupt FAT or perhaps bad Disk Subsystem firmware/bios.