Asus P4C800 Deluxe RAID Help

Circaflex

Well ive tried the guides, tried nlite, tried those programs, and i just cant get it and i started from scratch, whats the best method? Has anyone else added raid drivers for this motherboard? Could you send me the files or upload them? Or walk me through it? From asus's site it says this board uses Promise 20378 RAID controller anyone got any help/tips?

I have been trying this myself for about a year now, non of the methods/packs that are posted here seem to work on this board (P4C800 Deluxe, not the -E- version).

During textmode install the drivers are loaded and the harddisks are recognised.

GUI-mode install also works, but when Windows wants to boot for the first time after that, it crashes because of the missing drivers (it displays the Windows logo screen for one second and then resets the pc).

When i connect that drive to the motherboard (ICH5 chipset) connector it normally boots to windows without problems. After manually installing the Promise drivers, and connecting the drive back to the Promise controller, it works normally without resets.

All methods result in this problem.

Is there anyone with this board that got it to work in sata of raid mode?

ME! I hv a Asus P4C800 E Deluxe no problem here.

Circaflex

show me your winnt.sif

and READ this....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/archive/in...php/t-9888.html

use the intel controller for the OS. performance gain may be minimal on either of them, but stick with the chipsets RAID first. RAID 0 is pretty fast, make sure you got 2 similar drives for any performance gain. id use the other controller (promise) with a RAID 1 or RAID 5 setup for redundancy of data.

i have and i just looked on Asus website and it doesnt mention multiraid like it does for the E version.

Deluxe

South Bridge:

2 x UltraDMA 100

2 x Serial ATA

Promise 20378 RAID controller (optional):

1 x UltraDMA 133 support two hard drives

2 x Serial ATA

RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, Multiple RAID

-E Deluxe
South Bridge:

-2 x UltraDMA 100

-2 x Serial ATA with RAID 0, 1