Meedio Unattended

icetree

Hello,

I have a setup file of meedio and i know how i can silently install this setup from my unattended windows cd, but i am trying to insert the registration (serial) key automaticly. I have a username and serial but i don't know the where to put it in the registry.

Does some have the answer ?

greetz

Erik

• 5 months later...

• 9 months later...
I have a setup file of meedio and i know how i can silently install this setup from my unattended windows cd, but i am trying to insert the registration (serial) key automaticly. I have a username and serial but i don't know the where to put it in the registry.

I wish. I've been trying to find an answer for about 6 months, but nothing came up.

• 2 months later...

Ditto/bump...

Ditto/bump...

Beginning with Meedio 1.39 registration information isn't required anymore. Latest version of Meedio was 1.41 before they sold out to Yahoo.

I have gotten this far with the 1.41 version. It will still ask about configuration, but this is after the main program has installed. I myself still need to figure a way with 1.38 to enter name and serial number though. Meedio 1.41 runs on all my other machines, just does not seem to want to play nice on my main HTPC. :angry: Which of course is in the entertainment room.

For the silent install use this. This package uses the inno setup.

MEEDIO.1.41.setup.exe /VERYSILENT

jd

Home Theatre System

MOBO: Abit AN7 CPU: AMD 3200XP

RAM: 512 Megs Ram Vid. Capture: PVR 250

VGA: MSI NX6600GT ViVo

DVD Player: Sony DDU1615

DirectTV: RCA 486 Satellite Reciever

MITSUBISHI WS-A55

When you configure all needed options in meedio for example theme, media library, media menu, registration key and other, you have to uninstall meedio. After that in :"Program Files" you will have meedio folder with yours addon for meedio (for example theme). In "Documents adn settings\All Users\Applications Data" will exist Meedio folder which contains your meddio configuration settings. On new installed PC copy these folders to "Program Files" and "Documents and Settings\All Users\Applications Data". Next step you have to do is install meedio 1.41 (silent setup). After you have registered and configured meedio on new PC.

When you configure all needed options in meedio for example theme, media library, media menu, registration key and other, you have to uninstall meedio. After that in :"Program Files" you will have meedio folder with yours addon for meedio (for example theme). In "Documents adn settings\All Users\Applications Data" will exist Meedio folder which contains your meddio configuration settings. On new installed PC copy these folders to "Program Files" and "Documents and Settings\All Users\Applications Data". Next step you have to do is install meedio 1.41 (silent setup). After you have registered and configured meedio on new PC.

Yes it can be done that way after the initial install. What I was looking to do was to have the configuration parameters in a text file for the install app to read these and then complete the install on a fresh install of OS and everything. I am trying to build a complete UA disk, so that after the complete install Meedio will automatically start pulling my Xmltv listings, Weather info down on the first login after the system has installed.

Thanks

jd

Beginning with Meedio 1.39 registration information isn't required anymore. Latest version of Meedio was 1.41 before they sold out to Yahoo.

huh?

i mean to register the program...

huh?

i mean to register the program...

I still need to figure a way with 1.38 to enter name and serial number though. Meedio 1.41 runs on all my other machines, just does not seem to want to play nice on my main HTPC.

jd