USB Flash Disk and Hyperterminal with win2003 serv

zillah

Hi All

When I stick USB flash card, I can see it in the system try (right down corner of the screen), but I can not find it in "My Computer" . How do I figure out this problem?i.e how can I browse it ?

What I did ,,,right click on my computer then click Manage then click Disk Management,,,when I changed the drive letter for falsh,,, I was able to see it,,,but I tried with many PCs (win2003 OS) ,,all of them I have to do same procedure!!!!

why like this,,,is there any otherway to overcome this issue?

Regarding to Hyperterminal ,,,why I can not see it with win 2003 ,,,do I need to download it from internet,,,or it has been hidden somewhere ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...
Hyperterminal

Not included in Win2K3 Server. Servers typically sit in cages hardwired to switches. No need to for hyper-terminal.

If Windows Explorer does not "see" your USB flash card then you are lacking proper drivers for it.

Hyperterminal

Not included in Win2K3 Server. Servers typically sit in cages hardwired to switches. No need to for hyper-terminal.

If Windows Explorer does not "see" your USB flash card then you are lacking proper drivers for it.

Hyperterminal IS included, just not installed by default. You have to manually install it using Add/Remove Windows Components

Yes it is included, I founded it and installed.

As I said, it can see the flash, when I change the drive letter. And If I used the same flash later, I have got no problem. The problem only the first time!!!.

If the problem with driver, then the problem should continue (not only fisr time),,,,,