Need to increase Broadband Speed

phoenix_nf

My ISP (Cablenet) provider offers me the net speed of 64 during day and 128 at night.

I get a speed of only 8 kb (sometimes it goes to 12 kb) day and 16 kb at night.

(1 of my neighbor using the same conn gets 6kb/day and 8 kb/night)

Im using XP, 256 MB RAM, P4, 100 MB connection speed. (ill post the rest configuration if needed). Is there some probs with my settings or what.

or can i tweak something to increase the bandwith. the technican who installed the cable net only knows how to set it up by adding the protocol and assigning the ip settings..nothing more :( not even setting the default home page in IE.

can someone help me to increase the bandwidth speed.

BTW the default home page part was just to test his knowledge i dont need help on that. :whistle:

Do a Google search for TCPOptimizer. Download and run it. Choose Optimal settings and reboot.

This will reconfigure your MTU, TTL settings etc. on the IP stack which should improve performance.

If you want to download some files from websites or from ftp servers. Then a download manager will increase sometimes the speed.

In Belgium i have also a cable internet connection and they say a lot of speed numbers. But it is once in the 10 years you have that speed. The reason?

• The internet speed is not only a part of the internet provider, also the global traffic on the internet and the power of the server you visit
  • If you have a cable connection you share the speed whit all the users on a part of the cable network (by example your neigberhood)
  • Also a big problem whit cable is the quality of the cables (smal cables >> bad signals)

This are a lot of problems where you can change less on.

Good luck