another question: removing user logon..

cyberthug

hey.. by using this key in the msbatch.inf

; The line below turns off the user logon going into Windows (needed for
; factory configuration portion of Express setup).
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Network\Real Mode  Net","autologon",1,00000000

What about the network connections?

i don't have a local network right now to test this key on.. but i'm guessing "autologon" meanign it's like pressing enter and logging on with the default user name at start up?

so would i be right to say that it'll always log on automatticcaly to the local network (ofcourse once the workgroup etc is setup.)

thanks...

edit:

another question...(didn't wanna create a new thread...:P)

i need to set my timezone to GMT +3 hrs. Which is "Nairobi". Which doesn't work.. it halts and asks me to enter in a timezone near the end of setup.

I checked the Resource kit documentation online.. and there is no option for "Nairobi" in it's list.. but there is an option of "Saudi Arabia" which i do believe is in the same timezone.. but even when using timezone="Saudi Arabia"... it doesn't work..

anyone with a solution or an idea on what ta do?

or i can just set it to "Eastern" [uSA-eastern] which should probably work, then change it to my timezone after installation... if there's no solution...

Just use the Microsoft Batch 98 program on your Windows 98 CD under \Tools\Reskit\Batch.

This program will create a msbatch.inf file with your current settings including timezone, like:

msbatch.inf

[Setup]
TimeZone="W. Europe"

[System]
Locale=L0407
SelectedKeyboard=KEYBOARD_00000407

The timezone names are probably shortened like here, maybe S.Arabia? Anyway the batch program reads your system settings and creates a msbatch.inf file with these settings.

Hi. I'm not sure if it's any help but I recall TimeZone.exe (part of the 98 Resource Kit Sampler) included a doc that talked a little about the naming conventions used - may help to create a Nairobi specific entry (haven't seen the online docs so don't know whether they differ).

* edit

It wasn't TimeZone but rather TZEdit from the Win98SE CD(x:\tools\reskit\config\TZEdit.exe), and Nairobi does show on the list.