Winamp 5.0.8 Msi Release

Alanoll

Forum rules
8. Has the thread you started or participated in been moved, closed or deleted? Check with the forum moderator via PM. Under no circumstances start threads asking why other threads were moderated. Forum moderation is not up for public debate, such threads will be deleted and the thread starter warned.

Hi there,

Alanoll, please DO NOT update the msi to 5.08e

it is the exact same as 5.08d, the changereport Winamp has given for the e-version is a copy of the d-version, there are NO NEW FIXES in 5.08e!!

The only difference is, it is now impossible to play WMA DRM files from Napster.

so no new bugfixes in 5.08e!!

The reason the changereport contains 'fixes' is because otherwise nobody would use the e-version.

If you have 5.08d, you already have the newest version!!

Alanoll, please don't waste your time with 5.08e!

Here's the problem with not updating the MSI....

soon, all the people who don't update to 5.0.8e will have their WMA files rendered useless when the plugin has to check the MS website to see if it's valid.

So then becomes the decision....should I make it or not?

This might be a silly questions, but

How do u get that message box "The publisher could not be verified, are you sure u want to run this software" when i try to run the msi via RunOnceEx

Ta.

odd, I don't get the box. I just assumed that the property wasn't supported on CDs.

How are you installing the files? if it's from a network share....I have no clue

It is a part of Win SP2 and you need a reg tweak before you begin your install process to get rid of it. I am not sure why some get it and some don't, but if you are getting it you will get it for almost everyprogram you install.

No reboot need just use regedit /s

I don't care if it's e or d, as long as I can finally upgrade all my computers. :whistle:

So repack the d version with the upgrade thing fix if you listen to those guys, but anyway i don't listen to that file format so i'm not concerned by the trouble if you decide to do a new pack with the e version