Winamp 5.0.8 Msi Release

Alanoll

nice! Didn't even know there already was a d version out.

But, how come we can't install it on a system with winamp already installed? Before I used to simply install over the previous version. Or maybe i'm having a flashback... :wacko:

But, how come we can't install it on a system with winamp already installed?  Before I used to simply install over the previous version.  Or maybe i'm having a flashback...  :wacko:

whoops. Forgot to add upgrade paths and such (didn't generate a newID for the package). If it's really that big of a deal, I can make the modifications in a few days.

oooh djees... I posted a while ago an error "no burners found"..

Now I found out it has nothing to do with the msi or winamp itself..

I use the CDreader plugin from Copah... thats the problem... you need to use the in_cdda plugin wich is always standardly included in winamp... otherwise you won't have burner capabilities.

Ofcourse if you don't use pro it doesn't matter.

btw the reason problem was solved after (silent) reinstall: the in_cdda plugin is copied to the winamp folder... My runonceex deleted this file and placed the alternative plugin...

so sorry for that.

and thanks for the new great build!

But, how come we can't install it on a system with winamp already installed?  Before I used to simply install over the previous version.  Or maybe i'm having a flashback...  :wacko:

whoops. Forgot to add upgrade paths and such (didn't generate a newID for the package). If it's really that big of a deal, I can make the modifications in a few days.

Well it just would be easier for me to upgrade all the computers at once without having to uninstall first. But if there is gonna be a E or F version sooner or later I can wait for the next release. But if this is gonna be "final" for a while it would be very nice to add the upgrade thing you mentionned, please :)

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

In Browsing post I found quite a few .ini settings, and am wondering which are still in use, and which ones do what

[SETUP]
XFULL=0; 1 overrides and installs all
XNAME="some user"; a string
XKEY=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX; is this needed

XAllShort=0    ; 1 installs all possible short cuts, overrides the next 4
XDesktop=0    ; if 1 installs short cut
XQuicklaunch=0; if 1 installs short cut
XStartmenu=1; if 1 installs short cut

xtray=0; not too sure about this one

XSkinsetting=Specify the SKIN to use in Winamp.
XMODERNSKIN=1

XINET=2  ; 0-always 1-modem 2-never; this setting is the same as the next two
xintex=2  ; 0-always 1-modem 2-never
xtypecont=2; 0-always 1-modem 2-never

Xregopt=1; ?

XREGAUD=1; all audio files are registered, same as next
XAUDIO=1  ; all audio files are registered

XREGVID=1; all video files are registered, same as next
XVIDEO=1; all video files are registered

xagent=1; Installs the winamp svc

XWRITEWAV=1; enables .wav

XNSV=1; ?
xlibrary=1; ?
Xvisual=1; ?
Xextra=0; ?

XDCOUT=1; ?
xdircont=1; ?

xnetscape=1; ?

Xhotkey=1; ?
Xjump=1; ?

Did I miss anything?

[Edit]

I just downloaded the cab files.

So each X%cab% = 0 will skip the cab, and 1 will enable it?

If the cab is not listed, then the x%cab% is not available?

[Edit Edit]

For some reason the image did not show up for me the other day, not even the "no image" red-x ... now I understand

As for the removing of the CAB files, to be quite on honest, I wasn't sure how that would work :P I knew that if you didn't select them to be installed it'd be fine, but I would have though the installer would have prompted you for missing CABs if it needed em.

Yes I've found this now. I don't know what I was on when I tested it last time. Guess I',ll be using the INI then :)

Is it possible to set other options with this?  IE: Notifier preferences, scroll title window in task bar, etc...

You'd have to copy over your WINAMP.INI file. I didn't want to get into all the different preferences as then the complexity of the switches would greatly increase. I just thought of something, but implementing that was well is also a great task.

So I suggest, install Winamp, customize it how you like. The during your Unattended install, copy over your customized WINAMP.INI file (not the one with switches in it, but the one found in the Winamp directory after isntalled) to where yo installed Winamp, and that should set ALL your preferences (except maybe icons till first startup)

copy over your customized WINAMP.INI file (not the one with switches in it, but the one found in the Winamp directory after isntalled)

Now you get what I mean, about calling your MSI options file as wa5inst.ini or something like that, and let winamp.ini not have multiple meanings...

It's all up to the user. The INI for this MSI is user determined, and can be called anything the want.

...After you have create your INI file, start the install with
winamp.msi INI="%CDROM%\Unattend\winamp.ini"

winamp.msi INI="%systemdrive%\install\winamp\winamp.ini"

I meant the filename example you have given there - that sets an example of sorts, and people continue following that precedent. :whistle:

I use 7zip to make a SFX install package of winamp, for the "INI=" parameter rather than specifying absolute path in the config.txt, can i use relative path?

something like the below

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="StartX.exe /WAIT \"msiexec /qn /i winamp.msi INI=config.ini\""
;!@InstallEnd@!

Does it work?

I use 7zip to make a SFX install package of winamp, for the "INI=" parameter rather than specifying absolute path in the config.txt, can i use relative path?

something like the below

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="StartX.exe /WAIT \"msiexec /qn /i winamp.msi INI=config.ini\""
;!@InstallEnd@!

Does it work?

not at the moment no. INI doesn't support that, atleast using the VBS script I have. I started on an InstallScript thing (would also avoid the Norton issue) but put it on hold and now forget what I was doing :P I should get back to it....dunno when though