Winamp 5.0.8 Msi Release

Alanoll

@midiboy

here's the problem, currently...the way the MSI is working it needs the absolute path to know where to copy from. However, what I'm unsure of is why the command prompt isn't interpreting it....

What you could try instead, is %CD%. That will get the current directory, so it SHOULD work, not sure. Make take some testing to find the %CD% for where you execute the CMD file.

Hi!

Thanks, Alanoll for your quick help ! It took me a while to test this but it does indeed work !!! You are a genius !! :yes:

Is this a universal variable or only available for your msi ? Because I searched for something like this and could not find anything like it, the set command does not reveal that variable either.

If that were a universal variable available systemwide that would be wonderful !

Thanks,

Alex

What you could try instead, is %CD%. That will get the current directory, so it SHOULD work, not sure. Make take some testing to find the %CD% for where you execute the CMD file.

see, midiboy?

that's what i said.

see my post: %CDROM% !!!

:whistle::thumbup

Indeed. %CD% stands for current directory, and yes it's an universal "environmental variable". It can be used in cmd files for example.

it's not completely universal. I wouldn't try it from WPI or XPLODE or WIHU.

It's only instantiated with a CMD prompt is opened. That's why you couldn't find it. If you want the other "hidden" variables.. type

set /?

And key pressing a key till the very end. It will show a few others at the end of the explanation :P

I have a problem...

I cannot burn cds... it says, when I click burn, in the playlist section of Library:

(no burners found)

Also, when I click (in Library) View>Devices I don't see any cddrives... but this list:

Now Playing

Local Media

Playlist

Streaming media

Recent Items

Bookmarks

wich are the categories of Media Library... I've read somewhere it had to do with sp2???

does anyone now how to solve this?

Hey guys, for some reason I am unable to have the icons installed when installing silently. My INI file is shown below, although I've tried many different combinations including the non INI method. What I would like to do is have the desktop icon, quick launch icon, and start menu icon installed. I've tried using the XALLSHORT=1 option, as well as just the independent XDesktop=1, XQuickLaunch=1, and XStartmenu=1 all within both the INI also have tried the immediatly following the start /wait Winamp5.0.8.msi /qb. No matter if the options are there or not NO icons are installed, the program installs fine to my %programfiles%\winamp directory and can be run, with all the registration info set in INI being issued, but no Icons in start menu, desktop, or quicklaunch. Whenver installed without /qb or /qn but rather manually it installs icons peferctly. Could someone please help.

[SETUP]
XMODERNSKIN=1
XALLSHORT=1
XFULL=1
XNAME=Winamper
XKEY=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Hi Alanoll,

I've just tested the installer and it appears you've left the CVS folders in 'skins\Winamp Modern'.

Also it doesn't remove the Cockos plugins but this appears to be a problem with the NullSoft installer as well.

Ooh, Ooh, I like it!! :D

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but I just tested a silent install with the following options:

msiexec /i Winamp.msi /qb Xfull=1 XDesktop=0

...but I'd removed the Agent.cab file. Everything else seems to have been installed correctly. I love this feature. It means:

a) you can reduce the size of the package by removing parts you don't want

B) not need a complicated commandline/ini file

Nice work Alanoll :thumbup

Hi Alanoll,

I've just tested the installer and it appears you've left the CVS folders in 'skins\Winamp Modern'.

Also it doesn't remove the Cockos plugins but this appears to be a problem with the NullSoft installer as well.

wha?

Cockos plugin?

The CVS folder was included in the last EXE i obtained from Winamp when I updated the MSI last, and I recreate the installer, no customizing of files (which is why when someone requested I change the CDRIPPER i think, I didn't). I'm just replacing the SETUP routine, nothing more.

As for the removing of the CAB files, to be quite on honest, I wasn't sure how that would work :P I knew that if you didn't select them to be installed it'd be fine, but I would have though the installer would have prompted you for missing CABs if it needed em.