DLURL=...

ForgotPassword

So, I downloaded XPCREATE, and wanted to use it to slipstream all the hotfixes to bring me up to date with my XP Pro Installation.. There seems to exist a problem with the automatic download process though.

http://xpcreate.wiretapped.us/HFLISTS isn't working. I checked, and I can't retrieve DNS lookup from xpcreate.wiretapped.us. It doesn't work.

Can you please post the new location of the hotfix list? If you've lost your hosting, I'm sure I could provide hosting for a while.

Thanks for such a wonderful product! I've had excellent success in the past, and hope to once again!

=forgotppass

The hotfix list & automatic downloading of hotfixes is not working at the moment as GM is working on a new release that uses a different program and/or list definition.

You will have to manually download the hotfixes yourself and place them in the particular directories.

*REMEMBER* to use only the fail-safe from *here*

The list is a bit outdated now but GM's a very busy guy of recent and hasnt had the chance to carry on development work with this (er....I believe - right GM? hehe)

You'll find the following can be added to the list (as I remember):

HF1:

WindowsXP-KB834707-x86-enu.exe

WindowsXP-KB885626-v2-x86-enu.exe

I cant remember if there's any more but no doubt a bit of browsing of the recent posts here in this section should help you find any others.

Regards,

N

• 1 month later...

The hotfix list doesn't have to be on a web server. I keep it on my local drive and just point the DLURL there.

Just remember that once you're done editing the list on your local drive, make it read-only, otherwise XPCreate will move the file to the XPCreaete folder instead of copy it.