ATI : drivers + control panel + radlinker

Anon5710

In response to this thread ive decided to explain my way of doing this, since it is much easier http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=33028

We start of the same way by creating some folders in our $1 folder

ATI\
-CP\
-CCC\
-Drivers\
-RadClocker\

Now go download the Display driver, Control Panel and ATI Catalys Control Center from here You can get the radclocker from here

I find it easyer to download them just from the dial-up section need to select them from the "big" package. Its goes just as fast so no harm can be done :yes: I will asume that you downloaded those 3 package seperately

If you want you can leave the ATI Catalys Control Center out, it is not obligated

STEP ONE

extract the driver package with winrar and get the contents of the map 2KXP_INF and put those files in the ATI\Drivers folder

Now edit your winnt.sif

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
   DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
   OemPnPDriversPath="ATI\drivers"

STEP TWO

This one is a bit harder but hey, if you are reading this you are not the avarage PC user :thumbup

Extract the Control Panel file with winrar to ATI\CP folder

Since the setup file is sweet Instalshield setup we are just gonna start that program with the -R options behind it.. Now install it just as you would BUT DO NOT RESTART choose to restart later. By using the -R switch weve created a setup.iss in our c:\ folder. Go get it and save it to the ATI\CP folder.

Now how can we get this thingy to start ? Just use this code to do it

CLS
@ECHO OFF
ECHO.
ECHO Installing ATI control Panel
start /wait %systemdrive%\ATI\CP\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\ATI\CP\setup.iss"
exit

Now the control panel will get installed, unattend ofcours.

STEP THREE

Installing the rad clocker thingy Just start the setup than go to your temp folder and get the msi installer from there. <random_string>.msi Copy this file to \ATI\radclocker

You can start the setup by:

CLS
@ECHO OFF
ECHO.
ECHO Installing Radclocker
start /wait %systemdrive%\drivers\ATI\radclocker\Radclocker.msi /QB
exit

That done to next up the Catalys Control Center

STEP FOUR

To install the Catalys Control Center just check back to step two. Its just the same.

BUTYou have to install Microsoft Framework for this or it will not work otherwise.... So see that you have Microsoft framework already installed before you call this batch.

Rename the folder to eh ;)

For Framework.. do a search for "DotnetFX"

Greets Anon5710

PS: I hope there ain't some copy of this somewhere.

//Hope i get some positive respons :)

don't wanna offend but... i find it really similar to mine :P

i can only notice a few differences, you still use the setup.iss method and not the silent switch (better to provide the setup.iss file).

you use batches to start the installation, that means you use cmdlines and as an advice i would recommend to use runonce, registry is not really stable at that point of installation.

if you don't use the "if exists" sentence, the package will always try to get installed and the installation will fail.

finally the most important for me, you use $OEM$ folders and not a compression method, with this you lose about 2MB for other purposes ;)

bha, i really don't have any stability problems doing this.. (even when overclocked ;) )

Less space yeay thats true but really ill bet that 75% of the people who made an unattend have an dvd-writer :)

Ive never said "If exist" eh

:hello:

i know u never included if exist, so u are prone 2 having it start up EVEN if u have a nvidia card & are installing your disc on more then 1 pc :P

IMO 1 simple line saves alot of headaches :P

its not a matter of stupidity, its actually the opposite, u would be SMARTER 2 include ALOT of drivers

i use the same disc on all my pcs, which ALL have different configurations, nothing gets installed that shouldnt be, nvidia stuff for pcs that have nvidia cards, ati stuff for pcs that have ati cards

same with drivers for other things

& programs, i have say for example: adobe photoshop, i have it set 2 install on my regular pcs but NOT in vmware :) with a simple if exist command :)

u should try, it really works & makes your disc much much more versitile :)