Bottom bar

jjhirsch

Hi everyone, I am a newb here and have learned alot , because of this site I currently changed to Firefox(with donation)!!! Love it compared to IE.

My question is, is there a way to change the bottom bar of my screen where the START button is and such?? Sorry if I dont know the right term or lingo!!! I hate the standard silver box and icons on the bottom right!!

Any help would be great.

OBTW: I am running XP on a Sony Vaio If that helps.

Jonathan

Right click your Desktop and choose Properties.  Then go under Appearance.  Not an XP user but I -think- that wil be what you want.

Thanks I know that route too well. It only gives me a choice of silver background or green, I would like to get rid of the block style and/or font style as well.

You could use a program called "Windowblinds" or "Style XP" to change themes to other user created ones. You could also get a hacked file for windows xp to use user created themes as well, not sure what the file is called but I would recomend you use Windowblinds, I found it to be the best IMO, but try all solutions and see what you like.

Hi jjhirsch,

Are you sure its a silver box? Then you are probably on the "Energy Blue" theme. You can just change it to standard XP (blue). Or if you don't like that either, download StyleXP and install it - then get yourself new themes (or "Visual Styles") from ThemeXP.

Or if you really want something looking radical, check out Aston Desktop Shell.

Hi jjhirsch,

Are you sure its a silver box? Then you are probably on the "Energy Blue" theme. You can just change it to standard XP (blue). Or if you don't like that either, download StyleXP and install it - then get yourself new themes (or "Visual Styles") from ThemeXP.

Or if you really want something looking radical, check out Aston Desktop Shell.

Thanks all, I am going with this one!! You have all been a great help, thansk again.

JJ :thumbup