CoverXp Pro switches ?

plizarralde

I haven't used coverXP for a while but this worked on version 1.52.

Install the program as normal, then, export the reg info from here

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\coverXP

Copy the coverXP install directory from Program Files and incorporate it into your unattended cd, then create a sfx with WinRAR to copy the files back to Program Files and import the reg file.

Another way if you use the OEM preinstall option is to create a folder called $Progs in the $OEM$ folder, put the coverxp folder in it and then add the reg info to your tweaks reg file, this will get copied during windows setup.

everything benners said :thumbup and some more,

For your reg file, use this as your template.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\coverXP\RegInfo]
"Name"="replace_with_your_name"
"Code"="replace_with_your_code"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\coverXP]
@="%ProgramFiles%\\coverXP"

This also works with coverXP Pro 1.65

• 1 year later...

may i ask why you all dont use undercoverxp? More easy and nice to use?

Thanks for that info, it works a treat, but is it possible to create a start menu\all programmes link?

Grab the coverxp.lnk from your system and add it to your cd/dvd and write a copy command when you want to install it.

If you ALWAYS install this then you can easy place the .lnk in $OEM$\$Progs\CoverXP (create the folders on your cd/dvd if they don exist. Everything in $OEM$ will be copied to your hard disk

Thanks, never heard of undercoverxp, looks quite good.

Is there a silent switch for this?

i am sorry, i dont have a switch.

But this dont needed to be installed at al. Install it and then grab the installed map (in programfiles) and create a SFX, that would be enough.

Do u understand this and do you also know how to do this?

yes i use $OEM$. I use runonceex.cmd creator

Do you want ALWAYS install undercoverxp? I guess so, otherwise you wont use runonceex.

The most simply way for your problem is copy the map undercoverxp from programfiles to your CD/DVD to the $OEM$\$Progs\ (=program files) and also copy the undercoverxp.lnk to $OEM$\$Docs\All Users\ (=documents all users)

So if you are ready you will have this

CD/DVD>$OEM$\$Progs\UndercoverXP and CD\DVD>$OEM$\$Docs\All Users\UndercoverXP.lnk

This will work 100%

Thank you for your time explaining this to me. :D

So this should work with most programmes?

Thanks again

No, it will work only for programs which dont needed to installed actually. Which one these are is difficult to explain... if you install a small program and dont see ANY changes in your system, then it is safe to do this way. Most of the time the program is very very small as if undercoverxp.exe do.... (utorrent, cpu-z and so many other could be done this way.