best catalyst drivers

magicfly

My best advice is for you to TRY all of the most recent blends. On my Dell laptop, the standard ATI Catalyst drivers wont install (proprietary Dell crap..), but the Omega drivers install without a snag...

Install a driver series, then test them with a synthetic benchmark, then use the computer for a week, and if you experience graphical errors, bug and BSOD, well uninstall and try others. You can also judge with a "seat of the pants" feeling... highly unscientific or qualifiable, but it works ;)

BTW, if a newer version driver doesnt work with your system, dont be afraid to use an older version. That happened to me using the newer omega radeon drivers on my laptop, I had to use older ones....

Cheers

well i know at least 3 different mods of catalyst and the most complete for me is the omega radeon set.

if we get far we can make a comparative between different versions of the same mod so (again for me) the best is Omega's based on 4.11 (4.11 beta i think), let's see how evolves the 4.12 final.

My best advice is for you to TRY all of the most recent blends.  On my Dell laptop, the standard ATI Catalyst drivers wont install (proprietary Dell crap..), but the Omega drivers install without a snag...

Install a driver series, then test them with a synthetic benchmark, then use the computer for a week, and if you experience graphical errors, bug and BSOD, well uninstall and try others.  You can also judge with a "seat of the pants" feeling... highly unscientific or qualifiable, but it works ;)

BTW, if a newer version driver doesnt work with your system, dont be afraid to use an older version.  That happened to me using the newer omega radeon drivers on my laptop, I had to use older ones....

Cheers

hey!! nice avatar!! i love KNIGHT RIDER :w00t:

well i know at least 3 different mods of catalyst and the most complete for me is the omega radeon set.

if we get far we can make a comparative between different versions of the same mod so (again for me) the best is Omega's based on 4.11 (4.11 beta i think), let's see how evolves the 4.12 final.

thank you symonsays...i'll try those 4.11 final.

in your opinion the official catalyst are crappy?

i think official catalyst aren't crappy, but all the configs are set to default so if you are an advanced user or an overclocker you 'need' to know more or 'need' to go further that's why every1 should search for alternatives.