how many of u are using win2003 as workstation?

cyberthug

hey all..

i've used win2003 server before, liked it, but it bugs the hell outta me at shutdown etc..

I just saw the sticky on changing it to be more like a workstation...

i just wanted to know, how many of u'all use it as a workstation, and what do u have to say about it?

i'm considering using it on my machine..

thanks for the views in advance..

-CyberThug.

I used win2k3 as workstation for a week. Then I changed back to XP.

Its nice for a novelty, but otherwise its not all that proper as an everyday OS for home, since XP has all the looks, the compatibility, the extras..... I miss all of that with 2k3.

I've been using it for a couple months now. I have XP installed also, but I only use that for iTunes, as it doesnt work in 2k3. I miss some things from XP like PrevX and some other progs that dont run in 2k3. I dont want to change because I find 2k3 more stable than XP. I might switch back soon if more programs i find dont work in 2k3.

JS

Ive been using it as a workstation for about a year now and I love it. Seems more stable... and the only application I used before I switched that doesn't work is Partition Magic, but the Acronis Disk Director suit works just as well :D

I've been running Win2k3 as a workstation now for about a month. I have yet to have any compatibility issues with any software, games etc. Overall, it seems a little faster than XP, although boot times are a little longer. I also love the stability, I could kill XP Pro in about 4 or 5 hours of hard work, I can run 2k3 for days without a restart with no ill effects.

The only issue I've had is that for some reason I can't get .htm and .html file icons to appear with the "Internet Explorer Document" icon. It always shows as an the "Unknown" icon despite having forced its change multiple times. I do have a feeling though that this may be something wrong with the install, which I may go back and fix.

I have one running Exchange 2003. Another runs 2003 Web Edition and Sharepoint Services. Another functions as a RIS and Shadow Copy and SUS server. The last one handles SQL and backups. So, 4 machines running 2003 and none used as a workstation. I have 6 others for that...

I have been an MS Action Pack subscriber for years.